57 Investigations of Guns Stolen From Vehicles in OKC So Far This Year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fifth rule of gun safety should be to keep guns secure from unauthorized access.

We generally agree that the traditional 4 rules of firearms safety are there to protect life and property.

But, nobody here wants to be told that they are expected to be responsible when their 2A rights or property is concerned.

Blaming criminals for stolen guns is a red herring.
I blame both unless the criminal steals it from a secure lock box in the car. The criminal should not be stealing and the gun owner should no better. Personally if I leave a gun in my car and it is stolen, I am going to be kicking myself for being stupid.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I blame both unless the criminal steals it from a secure lock box in the car. The criminal should not be stealing and the gun owner should no better. Personally if I leave a gun in my car and it is stolen, I am going to be kicking myself for being stupid.
Which lock boxes are "secure enough" though? I mean, if it's not the top of the line car safe would you consider the gun owner to be only 50% at fault? 75%?

I guess a thief really shouldn't bear the responsibility of stealing someone else's stuff, if the situation is right.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WHERE were these vehicles broken into?
Post Office?
School?
Bank?
Hospital?
Office building?
Job?
Fed building?

Other Gun Free Zone?

Thieves KNOW good chance of finding a gun inside. The idiot politicians CREATED the problem. Not the gun owner.

Do you CC in a forbidden location or lock it in your vehicle?
Typical blame the problem on everyone but the one actually responsible - yourself!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

All the "it's your fault your gun is stolen" boys would've said this gun was "secure" before watching this vid lol....

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which lock boxes are "secure enough" though? I mean, if it's not the top of the line car safe would you consider the gun owner to be only 50% at fault? 75%?

I guess a thief really shouldn't bear the responsibility of stealing someone else's stuff, if the situation is right.
Nice try at spin but it is BS. If you have it in a locked box inside a locked car and do not leave it there overnight I would say you are pretty much blameless.
Soon the legal beagles will be suing gun owners whose guns were stolen and used in a crime. You might be safe if it was in a safe in your home but in your car is not going to cut it. Frankly when I hear some whining because they gun was stolen from their car I wonder if they ran home to mommy crying about it. It is like the woman that wears a micro mini skirt and see thru top to the worst parts of town and wonders why she got raped. Was it her fault? No. but she sure made it easier.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe that your average thief is also somewhat lazy and will not expend a great deal of effort except when they know the payoff to their labors is going to be worth the effort. I would bet that most guns stolen out of vehicles occur because (1 the vehicle was easy to get into (unlocked) and (2 the gun or accessories was/were in sight, or there was enough possible incentive indicating that a gun may be present (firearm related decals).

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice try at spin but it is BS. If you have it in a locked box inside a locked car and do not leave it there overnight I would say you are pretty much blameless.
Soon the legal beagles will be suing gun owners whose guns were stolen and used in a crime. You might be safe if it was in a safe in your home but in your car is not going to cut it. Frankly when I hear some whining because they gun was stolen from their car I wonder if they ran home to mommy crying about it. It is like the woman that wears a micro mini skirt and see thru top to the worst parts of town and wonders why she got raped. Was it her fault? No. but she sure made it easier.
At least your logic (or lack thereof) is consistent.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who is at fault?

The azzhat breaking the law. Too lazy, worthless to get a job and work. They feel they have a right to take what others have worked have for.

The same type of scum that declare walls don't work and you don't deserve to be armed, but build fences and walls around themselves and have armed security.

Don't blame the crook. Blame the citizen, who complied to BS regulation and secured their firearm in their vehicle.

PoS criminal knowing concentration of vehicles parked at building marked as Gun Free Zone, has a good chance of finding a gun.

Nothing in the reports says "57 guns, left in plain sight, stolen from unlocked vehicles."

Typical Dumbasscrap, don't blame the crook.

Latest posts

Top Bottom