57 Investigations of Guns Stolen From Vehicles in OKC So Far This Year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neither

If a firearm is out of sight in a locked car, how is that not secure?

I suppose it is secure from a cursory visual examination from someone that is outside the vehicle, but that’s about it.

A car isn’t always locked, unoccupied or parked in a secure location, and allowing an accessible firearm to remain in a vehicle isn’t without risk. The four rules of gun safety are about mitigating risk to person and property which I why I believe that preventing unauthorized access should be the fifth rule. Unauthorized access covers any location or context where a firearm left unattended could be used to destroy life or property.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who is at fault?

The azzhat breaking the law. Too lazy, worthless to get a job and work. They feel they have a right to take what others have worked have for.

The same type of scum that declare walls don't work and you don't deserve to be armed, but build fences and walls around themselves and have armed security.

Don't blame the crook. Blame the citizen, who complied to BS regulation and secured their firearm in their vehicle.

PoS criminal knowing concentration of vehicles parked at building marked as Gun Free Zone, has a good chance of finding a gun.

Nothing in the reports says "57 guns, left in plain sight, stolen from unlocked vehicles."

Typical Dumbasscrap, don't blame the crook.

So, if I’m negligent with my trigger discipline and shoot the guy standing across the room, I can blame him, right?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose it is secure from a cursory visual examination from someone that is outside the vehicle, but that’s about it.

A car isn’t always locked, unoccupied or parked in a secure location, and allowing an accessible firearm to remain in a vehicle isn’t without risk. The four rules of gun safety are about mitigating risk to person and property which I why I believe that preventing unauthorized access should be the fifth rule. Unauthorized access covers any location or context where a firearm left unattended could be used to destroy life or property.

I just told you it was locked though? To what point do I satisfy your needs concerning my property?

Here's the deal, none of you, and I mean none of you..... bark at anyone for their home safety or containment. Why is your insistence compartmentalized concerning cars only? I can walk in a lot of houses and find an unsecured firearm.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just told you it was locked though? To what point do I satisfy your needs concerning my property?

Here's the deal, none of you, and I mean none of you..... bark at anyone for their home safety or containment. Why is your insistence compartmentalized concerning cars only? I can walk in a lot of houses and find an unsecured firearm.
Is this like Schrodinger's cat? If I can't see the gun, then it must be secure. Where did you park the car? An applicable concept would be Defense in depth, or layers of security; rather than relying on a single means of security. It's necessary to have this discussion because people obviously don't know or recognize the need to prevent their firearms from being stolen or else they wouldn't leave their vehicle unlocked and guns laying around.

My feelings are pretty much the same for people leaving firearms unsecured inside their home. It should be avoided, but I bet you could have guessed that.

By your logic, you sure can.

You'd still be wrong, but you can blame whoever you want.

It's easier to blame others than accept our own responsibilities could be the motto here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom