57 Investigations of Guns Stolen From Vehicles in OKC So Far This Year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just told you it was locked though? To what point do I satisfy your needs concerning my property?

Here's the deal, none of you, and I mean none of you..... bark at anyone for their home safety or containment. Why is your insistence compartmentalized concerning cars only? I can walk in a lot of houses and find an unsecured firearm.
And yet we are always telling people they need a gun safe. And you do not have to satisfy our needs, but we do not have to feel sorry for you having your gun stolen from your car either. Yes the thief is mostly to blame but the fool who makes it easy for them is partly. Your car is not as secure as your home if for no other reason than a crook can see if anyone is in the car.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And yet we are always telling people they need a gun safe.

No you're not. Maybe for the sake of this conversation to save face, but history on OSA doesn't allow to beat people over the head with their philosophy concerning securing their firearms at home.

And you do not have to satisfy our needs,

Sure we do, you boys are offering a 5th rule to follow, but no guidelines. Do I need to worry about my dogs?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is that guns are not as commonplace as they should be. We should be able to have guns passed out free at libraries and vegetable stands like during Obama's tenure (he said it so it has to be true). If that were the case no one would need to steal one.

For those who may be sarcasm challenged, that was sarcasm!

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is like the woman that wears a micro mini skirt and see thru top to the worst parts of town and wonders why she got raped. Was it her fault? No. but she sure made it easier.

I would bet 100% of those commenting has seen that woman in the micro mini skirt and crop top. Yet, 98+% have not raped her.

It is 100% the criminal.

IF, the 82% of vehicles were unlocked, is TRUTH. Those people were IDIOTS.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No you're not. Maybe for the sake of this conversation to save face, but history on OSA doesn't allow to beat people over the head with their philosophy concerning securing their firearms at home.

Sure we do, you boys are offering a 5th rule to follow, but no guidelines. Do I need to worry about my dogs?

Basic guidelines:

Don’t leave guns (or any valuables) inside your vehicle left parked in your driveway overnight.

If you have to temporarily leave a firearm inside the vehicle during your daily routine; use a simple lockable container that is secured to a sturdy attachment point on the vehicle and in a concealed location.

Criminals should be held accountable for their crimes, but I’m not hopeful that I can convince them to stop doing criminal stuff.

I can share what I and many others feel is a responsible and reasonable way to store firearms that can reduce the chance of being a victim of theft.

Theft isn’t the only reason to keep firearms stored inside a home or vehicle secured.

https://thetacticalprofessor.net/2021/12/18/a-conversation-im-glad-i-will-never-have-to-have/
“Unauthorized access also includes unsecured guns stolen from cars or accessed in the car by children. Many gunowners treat a gun like it's a map that can be casually put somewhere in the car, left there, and forgotten about. Nothing could be further from the truth. We actually need to pay even more attention to the security of guns in a vehicle than we do at home.”
https://www.patreon.com/posts/65905696?utm_campaign=postshare_fan

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom