A country boy can survive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well tonight me and my sons got to talking about my youth and how i was brought up hunting and how I am now showing them the ropes when it comes to taking from the land and using what you take. and I had to play this little diddy for them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6l15RIhsus
and I just want to thank all the dads and grandpa's for keeping the traditions growing and passing on your knowledge to the youngsters.
yes my boys reload with me as well as hunt with me. and both have now learned how to skin a buck, this spring is trottline time.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that is the way i was taught and it is the only way to live i am about ready to go back to living of the land instead of going to the big chain stores what happened to all the mom and pops country stores?

awww.moonbattery.com_archives_walmart.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for passing it along to your kids. I have two sons, and tried to get them both into hunting, along with my grandson years later, and they are just city boys. My parents nor grandparents hunted, so I guess it started, and will end with me. Sad.
I do get to help the landowner I hunt on take kids and a parent for a youth gun hunt, so its going to somebody.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
growing up i was pretty much an in town kid (small town), my dad would head out hunting with his buddies and always tell me next time. holidays and other family trips we would go up to Kansas to go see my grandpa, i would also get to spend summers with him (after begging) out on his farm. he would take me out and show me the ropes; camping out, fishing and hunting. since i have became old enough and on my feet, me and the wife bought a house with a good little 6acre lot on the outside of town, and i have been fortunate enought to have friends let me hunt off thier land. i have a son that is 7yrs old and i have never told him next time.....THANKS GRANDPA DALE!!! LOVE YA AND WE MISS YA!!!!!!

sracatback

Marksman
Reaction score
growing up i was pretty much an in town kid (small town), my dad would head out hunting with his buddies and always tell me next time. holidays and other family trips we would go up to Kansas to go see my grandpa, i would also get to spend summers with him (after begging) out on his farm. he would take me out and show me the ropes; camping out, fishing and hunting. since i have became old enough and on my feet, me and the wife bought a house with a good little 6acre lot on the outside of town, and i have been fortunate enought to have friends let me hunt off thier land. i have a son that is 7yrs old and i have never told him next time.....THANKS GRANDPA DALE!!! LOVE YA AND WE MISS YA!!!!!!

I'm from the same type of small town and was also lucky enough to have a grandpa that would teach me all the good stuff to know. Wish i would've got at least one more chance to hunt with him before he died. At least i have the memories. my dad pretty much gave up hunting when my grandpa got sick and i havent gone since i joined the military. need to make more time for that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom