Abandoned Cat. Just venting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tully

Marksman
Reaction score
I work on some property that backs up to Spirit's hangers on East side of Tulsa airport. I've been feeding feral cats every morning for about 8 years now. As many as 7 at one point in time. One was with me for 5 years. When I first saw him he wouldn't come close to me. Before he died he would jump up on my golf cart seat and rub against me. Others come and go. One thing for certain, they are not near as picky about the food I give them as any of my 3 at home cats are.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, this is just killing me.

I got home today and got out of my car. I hear this "meow" from the front porch area and here he comes to greet me. Sat on the steps a while and played with him and he follows me around like a puppy. Damn, this cat is just so loving. My wife said that she had him walking around the yard today and he followed her everywhere.

I know I said this wasn't an adoption thread, but seriously, if anyone is interested in an amazingly friendly cat, let me know.

I'd love to keep him, but our daughter is allergic to cats and just tolerates the one we have.

This is depressing the he!!l out of me.

Dave

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lordy, they took his nuts and his claws too? They've left him at the mercy of his enemies.
You really should euthanize an animal before you rob him of the ability to hunt AND court the fair sex.
What sort of monster would do this to a sensient being?

Any number of ex wives that I can think of.

Anyway, back on subject. You may have yourself an outside cat now. My daughter started feeding one a few years ago that was hanging around and he is now their "outside" cat. He brings her little presents once in a while. Little dead critters he's stalked and killed.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It appears he did not speak in such broad terms. You may need to revisit his text.

well, if he wont, i will say thats my belief. the cat sounds like a real sweetheart, it must have had a family or owner, and if such a guardian were to have the nerve to abandon this noble creature, i think of that kind of person at low, there are far better ways to make sure such a sweet animal receives a good and proper home, even if for some reason someone cannot keep them. the only thing i find more cruel and heart breaking than a homeless domesticated animal, is one that had a good home, and then had that taken away from it, worse than having never known it to begin win.

keep us posted on the fuzz ball, hopefully he finds a good home he can stay with permanently.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I asked some family in Lawton but they are highly allergic to cats.

I appreciate all the positive thoughts and help.

"Gus" is doing OK. Spent the day taking flyers to the pet stores and vets. Put up a bunch around the neighborhood.

Got him a brush and bed.

Hard guy to brush cause he wants to keep rolling over!!

Dave

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I could find a place for him, could you get him to OKC? I will see if I can find a foster. He does need to be inside. Once someone rips his claws out, he can't climb or fight. He will get killed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom