Abandoned Cat. Just venting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I could find a place for him, could you get him to OKC? I will see if I can find a foster. He does need to be inside. Once someone rips his claws out, he can't climb or fight. He will get killed.

If Biggsly can find a place for him I'll meet you half way in Chickasha and deliver him to Biggsly. That's the easy part. Now for the hard part. The adoption agencies I've dealt with want documentation that a cat has had a Feline Leukemia test and that the test was negative before they'll accept an adult. Those run about $40 here in Norman. They take about 10 minutes to do. The vet draws a little blood and runs an in-house test kit.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you had him inside yet? If so, does he seem house broken/litter box trained? Does he get along well with other animals?

Haven't had him inside yet, but he keeps begging to come in. My female cat clocks in at 9 pounds. "Gus" is around 15. He may be up to 16 or so since we have started feeding him regularly.

Can't say how he gets along with other animals. He and my cat have stared at each other thru the windows and screens. Both of them hissed, but that was about it.

I can tell you that I am pretty sure he is an indoor cat and I would think that he would be litterbox trained. Can't say for sure. Had him in the garage for a while while I was working out there, and he lounged around when he wasn't rubbing against me.

To make matters even better, wildfires are licking at the West side of Lawton, threatening a few neighborhoods and the Goodyear plant. Power is out over a lot of lawton, and I am one of those without. Generator is up and running right now, but only online sporadically right now.

man, these winds are fierce.
Dave

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I could find a place for him, could you get him to OKC? I will see if I can find a foster. He does need to be inside. Once someone rips his claws out, he can't climb or fight. He will get killed.

Are you talking about a permanent home? or someone to stay with till he finds a home?

Might sound stupid, but the more time I spend with this cat, the more I want to make sure he gets a good permanent home.

Dave

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about a permanent home? or someone to stay with till he finds a home?

Might sound stupid, but the more time I spend with this cat, the more I want to make sure he gets a good permanent home.

Dave

Put him in a travel crate and take him in the house. This will give the two cats time to get use to each other without the chance of a fight. We introduced a stray kitten to our cat and dog like this and it went real well.

PS: Only thing you have to watch with a male is if he starts marking, If he does it once have him put down as he will never be able to be left inside and can't live outside.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dave

Nothing stupid about it. I don't blame you at all. My wife is talking to some of the fosters that we work with in hopes that someone can take him. I can't make any promises, but I am trying. I can tell you that all the fosters will take great care of him until they can find a forever home. I hope I will know something by tomorrow. You could just bring him in a little at a time and see how he does. It sounds like he would have a great home with you, if it all worked out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom