Air duct cleaning - is it needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RichardA76

I am a professional. Have been in this industry for over 20 years. There has only been one time in all my years of HVAC work that I ever approved a vent cleaning.

The decision is really up to you. If you feel its needed, go ahead and drop a few hundred on it. If not, just keep the coils and the filter clean. And FYI a LOT of AC trouble starts with a dirty filter/dirty coils.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a professional. Have been in this industry for over 20 years. There has only been one time in all my years of HVAC work that I ever approved a vent cleaning.

The decision is really up to you. If you feel its needed, go ahead and drop a few hundred on it. If not, just keep the coils and the filter clean. And FYI a LOT of AC trouble starts with a dirty filter/dirty coils.
+1 good job

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I always feel so much more informed after getting insight from folks on the board. It also helped send me on some useful google searches.

I think at this time I'll pass on it. It seems like its not really going to be a performance issue, and given that my money is probably better spent on new windows for my house I'll push it back on my house to do list to think about later on down the road.

I will however shop vac out the floor vent openings in the meantime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom