Alright.... anyone own a Prius?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking about adding another vehicle, long story short, I'm looking for a cheap vehicle that gets good mpg for various reasons including a loaner for my MIL. :censored: Trolling around some sites, I've seen some used Prius for decent prices.

Want something really reliable so that I won't have to mess with other than routine maintenance.

Any Prius owners out there?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you think anyone here will admit to owning one? I did rent one once at the airport in St. Louis, in a snow storm. Got to the hotel, and couldn't get it in gear. I wasn't going through the proper steps in starting it. Didn't care for it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you think anyone here will admit to owning one? I did rent one once at the airport in St. Louis, in a snow storm. Got to the hotel, and couldn't get it in gear. I wasn't going through the proper steps in starting it. Didn't care for it.

Probably not. But I don't belong to the Democratic Underground so...... I thought I'd ask?

MIL will have to deal with the comfort issue for the most part.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard they recommend new batteries at 100k. If it's true, imagine what a Prius with 100k on it that needs batteries is worth.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F0A4D2C9-F936-4ECA-9E79-FF315D7A8E86.jpeg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do not want to drive some of that rc508abn. cause I will.

Wife told me someone at her work just recently purchased an ev or hybrid car with lifetime warranty on batteries 24 or 27K new.

I like the MPG of the old first gen honda civics like 50+ with a carburetor and stick shift trans and truthfully those little buggers are very reliable and kind of quick if you can bang gears fast.
12" tires WEEEEEEEEE!

Latest posts

Top Bottom