Alright.... anyone own a Prius?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought my prius new. 140,000 miles later, I've never had a single issue with the battery or motor. Runs like a top. Drove to Memphis in October for a little vacation with the wife. It was 864 map miles, round trip, plus the 100 or so miles we drove around. That's about 964 miles or so. Filled up when we left Oklahoma. Filled up when we left Memphis.
Had checked the milage and we got just over 51 mph.
Checked it the other day and still getting 51 mph with 140,000 miles on it.
Still comfortable as a glove. No problems with anything. Was offered 10 grand for it with those miles.
When it falls apart, I'll buy another one.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1982 ford Mustang with 200 ci inline 6 cylinder with C5 trans NO OD and it was a single barrel carb AC worked NOTHING broke on it until 300,000 miles and fuel pump gave out .
Starter ac water pump all lived.
but 27 MPG But I could tow some ridiculous loads with it and 4x8 sheet of plywood would fit through the hatchback sticks out a few inches I hauled 13 sheets of 3/4".

Best car I ever had. Love the inline six cars.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
will-ferrell-cat-must-smell-nice_o_2891259.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We have a 96 Accord that we've passed around from family member to family member. We loaded my two teenagers and my wife and I up in it. Loaded down with luggage and all, we got from north Edmond to Houston on a tank of gas doing 75+mph. Only thing I've ever done was the water pump and recommended timing belt.
There are three Honda's of different models in the driveway and there will always be a Honda of some sort there.

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn’t go with a Prius, got a 2016 Fusion plugin hybrid instead. I haven’t made it to 60 mpg yet but mid 50’s is easy. Watching the mileage and deciding when to use battery or gas can be like playing a video game. Much more comfortable just wish half the trunk wasn’t already taken sometimes. I got every option except the parallel park assist since I wouldn’t have a place to need it. It does have lane departure warning and correction which is fun to feel it pull the wheel back from you just like my wife would do. I would sell it for the payoff only because I lost my job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have a long commute and are looking for cheap transportation check out natural gas vehicles. I have been using CNG for several years. Currently drive a Honda Civic and get 40 mpg and current fuel price is $1.55. There are several CNG pumps in the Tulsa area.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are open to other suggestions I have a 13 focus SE auto that gets no less than 35 in combo driving and close to 40 on trips. Will also outrun my 01 Lincoln Towncar with a 4.6.

Oh I'm far from dead set on one, I'm looking at a lot of cheap platforms with high MPGs. Just wanted to know a little bit more about these outside of hearsay.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking about adding another vehicle, long story short, I'm looking for a cheap vehicle that gets good mpg for various reasons including a loaner for my MIL.

Want something really reliable so that I won't have to mess with other than routine maintenance.

Here's your answer..

300px-Left_side_of_Flying_Pigeon.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Nissan Sentra gets 35mpg, seats 4 and has a fair sized trunk.
Over 100k on it with zero repairs.
Nissan or Toyota has the best low maintenance track record out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom