Alright.... anyone own a Prius?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Thinking about adding another vehicle, long story short, I'm looking for a cheap vehicle that gets good mpg for various reasons including a loaner for my MIL. :censored: Trolling around some sites, I've seen some used Prius for decent prices.

Want something really reliable so that I won't have to mess with other than routine maintenance.

Any Prius owners out there?

My In-Laws are on their third. They went to over 300k on the first (bought it with 60k?) and still have it, second was up past 200k I think before a deer claimed it. They replaced that one with a newer one. They have never replaced a battery.

My wife's cousin is also on her third.

I know, long commutes.

Her aunt & uncle are on their second.

Between them all probably a million miles? 750k easy.

They offer astounding economy considering the interior volume. They are quite roomy. I don't like the first gen seats, but they aren't the worst I've sat in either. Of course, the one I spent time driving had been well worn in by the in-laws (both a little on the heavy side). The second gen model is a lot nicer inside. I got 55mpg pretty easy driving it the other day.

I'm not fond of the idea, but I've considered getting a second gen myself, as 55mpg would be a huge improvement over the 12mpg my car gets in town!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Honda CRX (little coupes) got 55 MPG but they don't make them these days. I had a '07 Prius and on long road trips it would beat you to death but it was great on gas and I never had problem with it. One thing that is a problem with the Prius design is that it has 6" ground clearance which if ice or snow is on the road it'll scrape and maybe tear off the front spoiler so you'd have ot be aware of that. It is not a country car and can't go down a cow path. Hopefully my next car will be another Prius, they're good cars and well designed except for the clearance.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Toyota Tundra, it gets 12mpg in city. 4 doors 4x4 5.7 liter motor. Back seat is full of tools ,truck box is full of tools and if I need it pulls an 18ft trailer without breathing hard!!! You "fellas" need to turn in your man card!!!! Worried about fuel milage !!! Geez
:drunk5::cool:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Toyota Tundra, it gets 12mpg in city. 4 doors 4x4 5.7 liter motor. Back seat is full of tools ,truck box is full of tools and if I need it pulls an 18ft trailer without breathing hard!!! You "fellas" need to turn in your man card!!!! Worried about fuel milage !!! Geez
:drunk5::cool:

Got the Truck part taken care of..... and it will blow the doors off a Tundra... can tow more.... and gets way better gas mileage than 12mpg. :D

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0981.JPG
Yeah..... It's a Prius or something like that. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom