And you thought ammo price gouging was bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hahahahahaha, That's one of the biggest fail statements I have read this year. I'll be sure to tell all the other haulers at the terminals tomorrow about that statement.

Being a hauler makes you knowledgeable on the economics of QT's margin on fuel?

QT makes about .03 per gallon and sells about 800k gallons per day in the Tulsa area. At least from the HFC refineries in Tulsa.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being a hauler makes you knowledgeable on the economics of QT's margin on fuel?

QT makes about .03 per gallon and sells about 800k gallons per day in the Tulsa area. At least from the HFC refineries in Tulsa.

Man that's a large risk for less than 1% margin!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol! Lol!

I see a couple of names of folks reselling ammo in the classifieds that have extolled the virtues of supply and demand in this thread. LOL!!

When it puts money in your pocket, its the principle of economics, and by God it's the American way if the commie people calling gouging disagree.

Now when somebody else is dipping into your back pocket in the interest of "economics" it's gouging.

I'm getting rich from the oil stocks I own. :D

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol! Lol!

I see a couple of names of folks reselling ammo in the classifieds that have extolled the virtues of supply and demand in this thread. LOL!!

When it puts money in your pocket, its the principle of economics, and by God it's the American way if the commie people calling gouging disagree.

Now when somebody else is dipping into your back pocket in the interest of "economics" it's gouging.

Dennis, I truly hope you make bank on your oil stock...it's the American way! :D

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Lol! Lol!

High priced ammo doesn't have the trickle down effect on the economy like 4.00 fuel. When a supplier or retail store prices their products high, the consumer has a choice if they want to purchase it. When companies price a commodity like fuel to levels this high, people have no choice but to pay it and cut back in other areas. Last time this crap happened, oil tanked and millions of people lost their jobs and homes.

I'm sure the majority of people understand the difference.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
High priced ammo doesn't have the trickle down effect on the economy like 4.00 fuel. When a supplier or retail store prices their products high, the consumer has a choice if they want to purchase it. When companies price a commodity like fuel to levels this high, people have no choice but to pay it and cut back in other areas. Last time this crap happened, oil tanked and millions of people lost their jobs and homes.

I'm sure the majority of people understand the difference.

HAHA I hope every body reads back on the ammo gouging threads and understands that this reply is bull crap.

The same justification was used in the ammo sales.

Reaction score
Well according to all the eccentric old men at Walmart and Academy, the "government" is buying up ALL the ammo and keeping those precious .22 LR shells from the people! I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said the .gov was buying everything up. :hithead:

As for the gas, it sux.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
HAHA I hope every reads back on the ammo gouging threads and understands that this reply is bull crap.

The same justification was used in the ammo sales.

I guess I will have to read a few and see if I was trolling while drinking vodka and taking ambien. I don't remember saying much about the ammo prices. I have posted a few links when I found good deals, but my thought has always been, price it as you wish and if someone wants it they will buy it.

Disclaimer: My wife has commented before I babble a lot while partaking in the Russian drink of choice. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom