Any of you blokes ever take Prednisone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took what I call the prednisone dump for a few days a long time ago after an encounter with poison ivy. I got a shot and then took oral meds seven pills the first day, six pills the second day, and so on till I had taken all of them.

I don't recall any weird dreams, though.

I had similar regimens of Prednisone for eczema back when I had it pretty bad. However, my doses were 6 the first night and then diminish by one on subsequent nights. The first 48 hours would be sleepless except for maybe a one hour nap somewhere.

Eczema is an itchy skin condition that I would generally have show up on my chest. Taking the Prednisone would get rid of the rash, but I would turn red all over and itch all over instead of just my chest. I was always glad to get to about day 4 of the 6 day regimen.

Switched to a shot of Kenalog (spelling?), but it would do the same thing as far as getting red and itching all over, but at least I wasn't in a state of sleeplessness.

I don't recall any weird dreams though, with either one of the drugs.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had periodic issues with kidney disease. The first time was around 2002, I took the steriod for nearly 6 months before my kidney function 'stabilized'. The next time was 2016 --- was on it for 18 months. I actually had no adverse effects that I know of. However, my body and joint aches subsided quite a bit. I've heard that many folks will gain a lot of weight when taking this long-term. Also had no issues with this.

:anyone:

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roid rage is real, but I haven't had bad dreams from it. That usually comes from Melatonin. I have steadfastly refused to get on long term steroids for my arthritis though, they scare me.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damaged my vision. Had night terror dreams, soak bed with sweat, scary nightmares, made me grumpy, no sleep, pecker wouldnt get hard and I trickle peed all over everytime I tried to go.
Damn, taking steroids sounds a lot like entering your 50's.:nolike:

Latest posts

Top Bottom