Anybody here have Sirius XM satellite radio in their vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wifes got it in her car and she downloaded the app to my phone and I can play it through my pickup. I like the Outlaw and BB King channels.

She’s paying $72/year for her subscription.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm just old school, because there are plenty of local stations to keep me occupied. And if I can't find what I want on the 6 different stations I usually scan, I'll pop in a CD.

oh-no-you-didnt-shenanah.gif

okrider

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Gave up Sirius and went to Spotify with a family plan. The whole family can have/listen to whatever they want...Music for every genre, podcasts, etc. Works for us and I don't have to deal with someone, at Sirius, that barely speaks English if I have an issue.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I give them $6 and some change per month ($5.99 plus taxes) because it’s worth that to me to be able to listen to Radio Margaritaville and the pregame/postgame and radio calls for the Chiefs and Cowboys during the NFL season.

The plan is on is a two-year promotional deal that’s supposed to go up to the normal rates at the end, but I use a virtual credit card with a super low limit so when they try to jack the rates, the charge is automatically rejected. Plus, if I ever get tired of them, I can pause/cancel the card without affecting anything else. I read that they’re supposed to be offering the $5.99 plan as a permanent deal, not just a promo, and if they do that, I’ll stop the “get the promotional deal/jack up the rates/cancel by ceasing payment/get the promotional deal again” cycle.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I give them $6 and some change per month ($5.99 plus taxes)...

Yeah...I think that's the plan I'm on. Except it was only $5 per month when I signed up. I just looked at the bill for the "new" (to us) truck we bought a few months ago. $5.99 mo after the free 90 day trial. The car is still at $5 month for a short time and will renew at the $5.99 rate. Plus taxes and fees. I always just ask for that plan at renewal and I've never had an issue getting it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bullchit on that. You can't call them and talk to a person, it's done by text. The person I was texting with kept trying to convince me to stick around. I had to get chitty with him and after I pulled a Karen and asked for his supervisor, he finally gave in. Bastards!

Good for you!

We have it. 🙄🙄🙄 Grumpy just HAS to have it in his ****ing Charger. Guess who has to deal with them every ****ing year ... 😡😡😡😡 ... Deleted cuz it's too harsh ... 😡 Let's just say that if I outlive the "young man who is the apple of my eye and keeper of my heart" 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 dies before me I'm gonna shut off EVERYTHING!! The expensive ass ATT phone, the ****ing PITA Directv and the blankety-blank-blank-blank Sirius radio. 🙄🙄🙄 My god he's expensive to keep. 😒😒😒

Like some of you other guys I ride them like a dying horse to keep that $5.99/mon rate. And that's about $5.59/mon more than I think it's worth. 🙄

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you've got Bluetooth in your vehicle, just load Pandora on your phone and connect to it that way. Might not offer as much content as Sirius but it's free AND you don't have to listen to the daily/non-stop/irritating-as-hell car commercials like in OKC. I'm curious if the stations can do a check to see when a customer changes from their station before coming back? As soon as I hear the tell tale signs of a car advertiser with the deal of a lifetime, I immediately change the station.

Sirius was fine when we had it but they kept increasing the rates and moved stations around if I remember correctly - been quite a few years.
This is what I do as well, except that I use an app on my phone called Google Opinion Rewards that basically takes advantage of my phone tracking every movement I make and pops up random surveys a couple times a week to ask if I've been to THIS place and did I buy anything, etc. I get about $0.40 on each survey and I get enough of them a month that I pay for Pandora's base plan so I don't have to listen to stupid a&s commercials all the time. It doesn't cost me anything except a little lack of privacy (which, I really don't have anyway, I'm just getting paid to acknowledge it).

We had SiriusXM when we bought my wife's car and she drove 45 minutes to and from work every day. They kept jumping up the rate and finally I told the wife that she was going to just have to listen to regular radio. That's when I figured out that I could pay for Pandora doing those stupid surveys and got on their plan. If I ever stop getting enough of those surveys to pay for it, Pandora will go the way of the dodo as well.

Also, if you happen to have an Amazon Prime account, you can use Amazon Music via Bluetooth as well.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My old truck doesn’t have BT. I bought one of the BT adapters that go in the cigarette lighter. I use the iheart app and play it through the channel of my choice.

Fro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine has been $60 per year since I’ve had it. About a month before it expires I’ll call and ask to renew at the same rate or cancel. They say OK and I pay the $60. Takes about ten minutes.
I’ve always gotten a person but they’re in India.

Latest posts

Top Bottom