Anybody here have Sirius XM satellite radio in their vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had XM for a while, i liked it. But suddenly there were commercials and the two shows I listened to went away, so I kinda lost intrest. Took me weeks to get it cancelled, and then for the next 4 years they would call me weekly and send me junk mail begging for me to come back once or twice a week.

Honestly, Just that experience would prevent me from ever considering a subscription again.

I just pay for spotify, its way cheaper, no ads, and I get all the music and podcasts I could want. Also, I can save things to my phone, so that I can still listen to things when I am in no cell reception zones.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Easy way to cancel is stop paying the bill. :rolleyes2

Way back in the day I bought a Sirius receiver at a truck stop. I was working way out in BFE with very long drives and it was fantastic because there was absolutely nothing for radio on long stretches. When they started charging more for listening online at home I dumped them. It was good for awhile...

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get Youtube Music for having a Youtube Premium subscription and use that exclusively in the car. No more car commercials ever and it only plays stuff I like. I do remember in a previous car, using the service and having a hard time getting rid of it. This time I didn't bother activating it.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry you’re having such trouble. I’ve had it for maybe 6 years and wouldn’t be without it. Whatever my mood, 40s-80s and classic country just a button away and no commercials. I did have one billing error once and I didn’t have a single issue contacting them and they gave me the credit without any lip whatsoever.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you ever try to cancel their free trial? What a :censored:ING pain in the ass! :pissed:

Yep. I've had it for years. We got a free trial back in 2011 when be bought a Highlander and it automatically ended without any issues. Same for our most recent Highlander as well. The only time I needed to provide payment info is when I decided to pay for a subscription.

I subscribe to it in my truck and have an at-home radio that I listen to out in my shop.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bullchit on that. You can't call them and talk to a person, it's done by text. The person I was texting with kept trying to convince me to stick around. I had to get chitty with him and after I pulled a Karen and asked for his supervisor, he finally gave in. Bastards!

When/how did you get signed up for a free trial? We never had to provide payment info until we chose to subscribe. And even then we can manage everything via our account online.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have SiriusXM in Wife’s car and my truck. I could do without, and use Spotify or CD’s, but like all the different options, including sports. First few years I DREADED renewal time, but last few years they’ve stuck to what we agreed upon = thank God no communication but email renewal notice. Copied and pasted below - around $100 per vehicle a year. FYI - if I want to discontinue XM I’d just do it online via my account, AND remove payment method 👍
Plan:
Music & Entertainment - Advantage​
Term:
Annual​
Renewal Date:
7/18/2023​
Base Price:
$83.88​
US Music Royalty Fee:
$17.95​
Total*:
$101.83​
Subscription/Radio ID:
9T6QG2H3 (2012 Toyota Tundra)​
Plan:
Music & Entertainment - Advantage​
Term:
Annual​
Renewal Date:
7/18/2023​
Base Price:
$83.88​
US Music Royalty Fee:
$17.95​
Total*:
$101.83

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy you guys are paying a lot. I have it in two cars and my phone which I don’t think is any extra. Just last month the annual bill was charged to my CC. Here’s a screenshot.
1696278983999.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom