Anybody own a Para "GI Expert"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm starting a new job next week and the increase in pay should help me build up my arsenal.:hyper:

I want to buy my first, 1911 and am looking at the Para "GI Expert" in stainless finish. I've read some solid reviews on it and the price is perfect. The other 1911 I'm considering is the Springfield G.I. in stainless or O.D. green.

I don't want to spend more than $700. Opinions and suggestions (except Taurus) are welcome.

Thanks guys!:patriot:

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess it depends on whether you want a "true" G.I model or do you want a G.I model that has modern modifications.. If you prefer the latter go with the Para.. If you want the closet to a true G.I go with the SA..

I personally chose the SA... A little trigger bite reminds me of the history behind the model...

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I went with the stainless Springfield and haven't looked back. I don't think you could go wrong with the SA.
I've done a few things to mine so it doesn't look GI anymore.
<<< see

It shoots great and other than a bad batch of ammo I came across, it has never failed to fire/function. I got mine as a Christmas present but brand new they're around $500ish

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I'd go with a Springfield Mil-spec.... not the GI but the Mil-spec. Much better company and they put out a more consistent product.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm starting a new job next week and the increase in pay should help me build up my arsenal.:hyper:

I want to buy my first, 1911 and am looking at the Para "GI Expert" in stainless finish. I've read some solid reviews on it and the price is perfect. The other 1911 I'm considering is the Springfield G.I. in stainless or O.D. green.

I don't want to spend more than $700. Opinions and suggestions (except Taurus) are welcome.

Thanks guys!:patriot:

NO NO NO NO NO!!! TRUST AND BELIEVE ME I had a gi expert esp and they are not worth the money. I know someone will tell you differently but mine wore off the finish bad and broke the mag release and the mag followers are junk. cheaply made for a made in us gun. do yourself a favor and drop 450 on a gi rock island armory and put the extra into it. i sold my para and bought a ria officer model or compact for 507 otd and never looked back and at 15 yards i can get them alll in the head. :owned3: lol but really get a ria or sa you will be much better off. just my .02

Latest posts

Top Bottom