Going to get a new 1911. Couple of questions: Ruger vs Para

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Replying with a consensis of all I have learned about firearms and a little life (long Read, might want to skip down).

What you are and what ya going to use it for? Want it to be reliable 9000 rounds in the next 12mo with no cleaning and might go "Bang"? Something that you put a coulple hundred rounds through to ck it out, and it might go "Bang" . Feels comfy, and if you pull it out, it might go "BANG"? Or something you might want to make a few $ on if you decide to sell it later?

I have a few firearms, none with less than 200 rounds. (Some of us still have some integrety) Some are part of my retirement fund, some are cheap bargan basement models. My self, I am Way more concerned about my ability to quickly place number 201, number 202, and pause long enough to make sure 203 takes care of the situation than I am cercened about a inexpensive firearm misfire. Might be my past experiences are different than others.

I would like to see a post of the percentage of misfire vs the percentage of mishits (had to really look at that word, thought it might not be right) on the first one or two shots from a CC position to target in a "situation", or even in practice.

Just me, but I feel the least accurate firearm I own is way more reliable and accurate than my next shot placement may be. If I were to have one of those jamming all the time firearms, I know to immediately rack and clear a jam, and carry on with what I was doing. My carry firearm will hit close to where I point it, off 6in at 50ft,. or .13in at 5 ft. in a vise. Not accurate enough for some people, but OK for me.

Bottom line to me. If it fits my hand and lifestyle, that is the one. Feel in the hand toaward target, function (safety, mag release, etc) pull trigger, fire. Trigger pull ---- pull as hard and as far as it takes to go "Bang", carry comfort, access, safety position and Direction of on and off safety to become natural, barrel tilt, is more to me than 9000 rounds without a misfire without cleaning. If I get in a situation I need to defend myself and at round 9001 and I have a misfire, take me away, I was toast long ago.

Keep in mind I also have an opinion about most things, like about the most effective caliber. I most likely think too much, but would like to do my own tests. Looking for voulenteers, stand right here and let's try this .22 short up your nose at 4ft and report back hof how lackluster it is, next a .380 up your nose, next 9mm up your nose, next .45 up your nose, etc. Now, which one was most effective to hurt the most? Speak u, I can not hear you.

Other thing to think about, at what distance are you likely to have a situation? Do you need to consider carring a 223 pistol to reach out 100Yds? Like your Mom said about BB guns, you could shoot your eye out. Well, if I am a Bad Guy, and if a person with a .22 short shoots my eye out, am I going to still keep comming to steal your wallet or harm you? If he does, st that point in time, I would decide to give it to him.......

Thinking equipment is good. Overkill thinking equipment can get way out of hand.

1974 at one of the motocross races in the Tulsa area, think it was in Broken Arrow. I could not ride well enough to qualify. Guy from Sweeden named Alburg or something like that had a shipping problem and borrowed my Husqvarna and qulified. He won the race on this tour stop.

You golf a 98, ===== this $300 club will change the world for you. 90 day or 3 second ( whichever comes first) guarentee.

If you can not get it out and be quickly on target, a .972 superslide factory preped 2000 round tested pocket carry might not be for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom