Going to get a new 1911. Couple of questions: Ruger vs Para

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys...and gals.
I need some opinions please.

I recently traded off my Kimber Pro Carry II. I got $700 for it in the trade, which is what I paid for it, so I feel good about that.
I've done the Kimber thing and I probably wont get another Pro Carry II and I don't want to spend $1k plus on a higher trimmed model. So I figure I'd sample another brand.

I figure that the two models I'm interested in, that falls in the same price range and is equivalent to the Pro Carry, would be the Ruger SR1911 and Para Expert. Both in Commander size.

So what do you guys think?
Ruger SR1911 vs Para Expert.

I like Ruger and the SR1911 has a very good rep. Plus it just looks amazing.

I've always had a fetish for Para, not sure why. LOL. Solid gun but I'd like some opinions and experiences.
Plus Para is giving away 200 rounds of ammo with mail in rebate. That never hurts but its not a deal maker or breaker.

I thought a minute about the Para Elite but I don't know if I want to drop an extra $150-$200 for the Elite.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I burned a para to the ground,about 20,000 rounds and my personal 1911 smith worked it over about every 3000 to keep it running that long

Latest posts

Top Bottom