Anybody wanna help move a truck from BA to Bixby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The front was the only real issue with the height. The tire width wouldnt be different with a taller truck. They're 275 wide which is same width as stock 20s. Anywho...next time I'm just gonna call a f'n flatbed and let them deal with it.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The front was the only real issue with the height. The tire width wouldnt be different with a taller truck. They're 275 wide which is same width as stock 20s. Anywho...next time I'm just gonna call a f'n flatbed and let them deal with it.
That sounds like the best plan. What I was getting at is I have trailers that width wouldn't have been a problem but the ramps would've been to steep. I've been in your situation before trying to come along truck tires between fender wells on a trailer. I thought I may die from exhaustion.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it wasnt fun...live and learn. Idunno how much a flatbed haul would cost but at this point I'm into it for a $65 trailer rental, gas for my buddies truck, a $70 comealong and 6 hours of my day.
What can I say..I like doing things the hard way.

After that...got the box truck and went to the house...loaded up the small safe (350#)...that went easy, so went to the medium safe (450#) and unbolt it. Load it up into the truck and now I'm feeling froggy so go to the 3rd bigger (750#) safe and I cant get two of the bolts out with my Dewalt impact, and naturally my breaker bar is at the new house with the rest of my tools.
We loaded up everything else we could fit in the truck, dropped the truck at the new house and swung by good ole @chazroh to borrow his beefier impact and hope that works (Like a dumbass I got the breaker bar out at the new house...and left it there).

So...tomorrow is big safe, appliances and furniture. No biggie, right?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it wasnt fun...live and learn. Idunno how much a flatbed haul would cost but at this point I'm into it for a $65 trailer rental, gas for my buddies truck, a $70 comealong and 6 hours of my day.

After that...got the box truck and went to the house...loaded up the small safe (350#)...that went easy, so went to the medium safe (450#) and unbolt it. Load it up into the truck and now I'm feeling froggy so go to the 3rd bigger (750#) safe and I cant get two of the bolts out with my Dewalt impact, and naturally my breaker bar is at the new house with the rest of my tools.
We loaded up everything else we could fit in the truck, dropped the truck at the new house and swung by good ole @chazroh to borrow his beefier impact and hope that works (Like a dumbass I got the breaker bar out at the new house...and left it there).

I worked for Bekins Van Lines for awhile after HS. We got a lot of customers in your position. Lol. I feel for you.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

My back hurts just reading this. Be careful!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used my BAMF Snap On ratchet to shear the last two anchors.
Got it on the trailer...still have all fingers and toes...not sure how to get it off though.

20190727_182326.jpg
20190727_204122.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom