Anyone Else Catch This Lovely Bug Going Around?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prescribe a borderline overdose of NyQuil. If you would have done that AND watched the Twilight Zone marathon on New Years, you'd be fine now.

NyQuil + back to back episodes of any old TV show (90's as the most recent) will cure most anything, I'm pretty sure. You know it's working when you have dreams that you are actually in the TV show, and you're not even asleep. I used to have a link to support this, but I can't seem to find it.

I recommend Alf. And you got Netflix, Leslie Nielsen comedies.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i started out conjested in my head,had vertigo so bad had to crawl to the bath room several times ,get back to my recliner & vomit, have lost hearing completely in left ear for 2 days , coming back a little to day would not wish this on any body, have been to doc got 3 kinds of pills. am still dizzy but can make it to the john with a walker to keep from falling

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prescribe a borderline overdose of NyQuil. If you would have done that AND watched the Twilight Zone marathon on New Years, you'd be fine now.

NyQuil + back to back episodes of any old TV show (90's as the most recent) will cure most anything, I'm pretty sure. You know it's working when you have dreams that you are actually in the TV show, and you're not even asleep. I used to have a link to support this, but I can't seem to find it.

I dreamed Joe Pesci and I threw a guy into an incinerator and watched him burn. Then we drove home with a couple of other guys eating chicken salad sandwiches and singin REO Speedwagon's "Time for me to fly."

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the flu.

My wife has it, the same symptoms you describe. My son and I gave in to teh devil vaccine, and we're high-n-dry. Modern medicine FTW.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, my fever is up to 102 right now. I did a WebMd cold vs flu search and it said it's probably the flu (not swine flu (no 'rhea or vomiting)), but a big concern with the flu is pneumonia, and a sign that you might have pneumonia is a fever that goes away and returns, which is exactly what's been happening. I'm severe asthmatic and pneumonia has caused me to spend many weeks in the hospital as a kid, and at least once brought me close to the point of taking me out.

So it's off to the shower then over to the after hours clinic.

Wish me luck!

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sitting in St Johns BA right now because I thought I was being smart thinking if everyone I knew got a flue shot I didn't have to. Been down since last Tuesday, finally Wife gave me the ultimatum go to the emergency room or she would have two of our friends carry me out to the van.

Not fun at all, you can bet your bippi I'll be getting one next fall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom