Anyone else had it with AT&T and the iPhone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crxman91

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
US Cellular has a great family switcher credit right now if you are doing at least one smartphone and one feature phone.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I both have Iphones and find them easy to use. Have been with AT&T since 99 and have had no issues with service. Most of my family are also on AT&T which would make it difficut to change is I was inclined.

gullzway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AT&T has poor coverage at my office and my house. Blackberry, Motorola droid, iPhone 3GS, it didn't matter. Dropped calls and too many dead spots even away from the home or office. I can't say i had the same problems traveling out if state. After many years I switched to Verizon late November 2011 and have been very pleased with Verizon.

It is funny when I hear of people not switching because they are grandfathered into their unlimited data plan. When I ask, almost all admit they never have gone over 2 gig.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they throttle the "grandfathered unlimited plan" down to around 256Kb/sec after you reach 3GB?

I'm on an old, cheap Sprint plan that has truly unlimited data. I use around 3-6 GB/month, but their data speed had been terrible lately in and around Tulsa.

I'd switch to Verizon or ATT, but paying double what I pay now for limited, yet faster, data is not appealing either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they throttle the "grandfathered unlimited plan" down to around 256Kb/sec after you reach 3GB?

Correct! I get a text from every month telling me that I'm going to get put on slow down mode if I exceed. 3Gb.
I've bumped it a couple of times. Takes a long time for data to load, and forget youtube.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sticking up for AT&T and their policies by any means, but as far as dropped calls, coverage, features, etc...

If you understood what it takes to get that little 3/4 watt radio to be able to dial any number in the universe, do SMS messaging (texts), MMS messaging (picture messaging), pinpoint your location for E911, while it's computing power and networking allows you to surf the Internet at speeds most of you don't have at home...all while possibly moving at Interstate speeds, you would wonder why it even works at all!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm on an old, cheap Sprint plan that has truly unlimited data. I use around 3-6 GB/month, but their data speed had been terrible lately in and around Tulsa.

I'd switch to Verizon or ATT, but paying double what I pay now for limited, yet faster, data is not appealing either.

3 smart phones and a hotspot on 8gig shared plan with Verizon less than sprint for 3 smart phones and no hotspot and an unlimited data plan that was f@&king worthless because I never could get enough speed out of it to do anything with it in the past 2 years. Unlimited means nothing if its so slow you can't do anything meaningful with it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I have iphone 5's and we love them. I have been with ATT since 2009. I have only had a few dropped calls in the years I have been with them. We were on tmobile before and I hated it. They had the worst coverage I have ever seen. Plus you can't get an iphone on them. I have had several phones on ATT. Starting with a samsung eternity, iphone 3gs, iphone 4, samsung galaxy s3, and now an iphone 5. I can easily say that the iphone is the greatest phone on the planet. The S3 is good but not as good as the iphone. But the service of ATT in my books is lacking. Every time I have a problem and call I get someone in Mexico that can barely speak English. That really pisses me off. Half the time they don't even know what they are doing. But besides that I am very happy with them.

bulldog12

New to the site!
Reaction score
my son's iphone was dropping calls left and right. they told him to put on a cover (something to do with the antenna) hasn't had dropped calls since. my old iphone 3g dropped calls in 3 different areas on my commute home, finally rid myself of the iphone and went android (atrix HD) no more drops in those areas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom