Anyone going to the USPSA match this Saturday (Jan. 7th) at OKC gun club?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrempe78

Marksman
Reaction score
Grumpy and I have talked about starting back up. Be prepared to have a blast, no pun intended. Lol

Don't be afraid to ask questions, always keep your gun holstered unless you are shooting a stage and then keep your gun pointed downrange. Don't break the 180 and keep your finger off the trigger unless you are shooting.

Don't be intimidated by how fast everyone else seems to be. Everyone there was a newbie at one time.

If your experience was any thing like mine you will be hooked the second you hear "Shooter Ready?? **BEEP** 😁 Shadowrider covered everything else ... Lol
I'm not worried about being fast. I'm going to find a steady pace and hit my shots. I finally got it through my son's head to do the same since it's our first time.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me know when you go! I miss me some range time with you guys. I’m at the gun club at least 3 days a week. I might go this weekend, I’m torn between this and the CMP Highpower match.

I will!! I haven't shot a full magazine of ammo since my accident. And I work weekends but I am seriously considering asking for that one Saturday a month to head out. I miss hanging out with all you guys almost as much as I miss shooting! 😉

@Shadowrider you need to join us, too!! Let me make sure my twitches don't make me dangerous (I have these spasms in my thoracic spine that I. cannot control sometimes -- makes life interesting, especially when anyone tries to give me a hug. 👀👀👀😂😂😂😂

@Jrempe78 Oh man ... Sorry I hijacked your thread. I'll message you if we go out. Would love to meet you and your son!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Fun game. Don’t be intimidated and just plan to have fun. You can miss really fast and you WILL screw up at some point. Just laugh at yourself and enjoy. Lots of help for new people from experienced shooters and you will make some new friends for sure. My 4th knee surgery in 3 years is finally looking like I can do some fun stuff so I’m debating between that and/or golf. Steel Challenge is also fun to shoot. A lot less movement and you can shoot Rimfire and Centerfire. Double your pleasure, double your fun.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son is running an off the shelf Springfield XDM Precision with 19rd mags. I'm running an off the shelf Canik TP9SFX with red dot and 18rd mags. I'm not even sure what class that puts us in.
Have your son shoot limited division, and I believe you will be able to shoot carry optics.
I’ll be there. Almost everyone there will be glad to answer any questions you may have. 36 rounds in your 2 mags should be enough rounds for each stage. 32 per stage is the max. Take your time, hit the target/steel.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son and I are going for the first time. We've watched all the first timer videos and have read the rules. We've been doing some practice shooting on our own while observing all the rules so we don't stick out too much like first timers.....lol. Is anyone else on here going or have been? What should we expect?
I’ll be there most likely. You’ll be fine and safe. We take care of first timers.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will!! I haven't shot a full magazine of ammo since my accident. And I work weekends but I am seriously considering asking for that one Saturday a month to head out. I miss hanging out with all you guys almost as much as I miss shooting! 😉

@Shadowrider you need to join us, too!! Let me make sure my twitches don't make me dangerous (I have these spasms in my thoracic spine that I. cannot control sometimes -- makes life interesting, especially when anyone tries to give me a hug. 👀👀👀😂😂😂😂

@Jrempe78 Oh man ... Sorry I hijacked your thread. I'll message you if we go out. Would love to meet you and your son!
You, grumpy, Rusty Harris, pstmst, and GT Dolan were always fun to shoot with.

I still can’t figure out how the wind and sun would always cause issues during my runs in H&H in addition to all the other ranges…

Latest posts

Top Bottom