Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to pay big penalty on my 2016 tax return for not having a health insurance, and just got a call the other day from some lady with USHealth Advisors saying that she can get me plan for family of 4 for $450 a month(less than my penalty) with $4,000 deductible for each life treating
Illness (each case not whole year) and maximum $7,000 out of pocket. Pay nothing for doctor visits and i don't have to pay the ACA penalty.
Does it sound legitimate? Thanks in the advance! Stephen

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they are a legitimate company but the particular plan they are trying to sell you might be junk. You need to read the terms and coverage of the plan. It sounds like a catastrophic plan that only covers certain illnesses/injuries. It may have a maximum payout. So, you might pay the first $7,000, they pay the next $30,000 to the policy limit and you are on the hook for whatever happens in excess of that. I would read the plan and the coverage limits. I would also ask them to make any guarantees about ACA in writing. If nothing else, you could end up with catastrophic coverage which is a good idea and save money on the penalty. It doesn't hurt to read the thing and shop around though.

BBB Business Profile | USHEALTH Advisors, LLC

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, the more I look online more confused I am. It doesn't look like it will satisfy the ACA.
I guess I am looking for someone with firsthand experience with them.
Or anyone with any better recommendations!

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, the more I look online more confused I am. It doesn't look like it will satisfy the ACA.
I guess I am looking for someone with firsthand experience with them.
Or anyone with any better recommendations!
There are some local health insurance brokers. I don't have any first hand experience with them but I think I would feel better about walking into a local office and getting educated than trusting a telephone sales rep.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did they obtain your name and phone number? That would be my first question, the IRS isn't supposed to release information such as this as far as I know. I'm suspicious of all phone calls out of the blue that offer something-they always want something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom