Anyone here deal in antiques? I have A TON of them I need to move.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me an my uncle recently bought an entire estate that dates back to the mid 1850. Most of the stuff is early 1900's But there is some good pieces from the 1800's. I have no Idea how to turn this stuff. What would you guys do? Any ideas are appreciated. Here are a few pictures I took this weekend when going through some of it.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd either have an auction on site or split them up between the really good stuff for the Haskell auction and smaller ones for the lessor stuff.

For the smalls, you'll probably be better off doing eBay.

Is there anything cool that I might want? :)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Auctions if you want to move it fast, but the auction man takes a big piece of your proverbial pie, obviously. I'm kinda disappointed with some of the main players in the auction game around NEOK, so I won't make any recommendations. Haskell moves a lot of furniture, but that's all I'll say about them.

Get a booth at the Tulsa Flea Market if you want top money, have good stuff, and time to F with it.

Is there anything cool that I might want? :)

This.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That chair I believe was built sometime in the late 1800's I would probably need $250 for it.

By the way there is about 9000 other items I did not have the time to take pictures of. I am in so far over my head I am not sure what to do lol.
BW

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what you showed us, the Hoosier cabinet is the highest value and should bring in $250. The rocker may bring $100 if you find the right buyer. Glass is the hardest to sell and unless you have a room full of collectors you will do good to get $1 per piece for it.

I grew up in an antique store and do not envy you at all. It could take you a year of garage sales to sell it all. If you want to make some profit without spending days and days of labor then have an estate sale company come in and do it for you.

Good luck

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That chair I believe was built sometime in the late 1800's I would probably need $250 for it.

By the way there is about 9000 other items I did not have the time to take pictures of. I am in so far over my head I am not sure what to do lol.
BW

In that case, it's kinda like Ridge said, Auction is your best and quickest way to turn it into cash even though you'll leave some meat on the bones for others. Look at it this way, you can convert all that into cash and then reinvest and turn it again in the time you'd have messed around with it otherwise.

Good luck. Pick out some cool things that are worth a lot and sell them to me really cheap, that's your best bet.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, Nice. I have a couple of dressers not shown, A rod iron bed. Another full size bed in wood. a couple of the dressers have mirrors. A bunch of blankets and quilts from many years ago. A couple of record players from the early 1900's a bunch of old TiIME magazines. a bunch of black and white pictures dating back to the 1800's I cant even think of what else. =[

Latest posts

Top Bottom