Anyone here deal in antiques? I have A TON of them I need to move.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Secret; young people today don't collect antiques. so as each year goes by fewer and fewer people are interested in the stuff. especially glassware, everytime you see an estate sale all the glassware and china is still there when the sale is over.

Depends what it is. Primitives, shabby chic, rustic farmhouse type stuff is still very popular with young people.

What's popular has flipped. Antiques are my parents hobby and I grew up being drug all over hell and back antiquing every weekend, and for some reason it stuck and I do it too now. Back then, all the primitive, shabby chic, rustic stuff was junk. Nobody wanted it. That was my parent's style and they bought a ton of it "before it was cool". Nowadays it's that stuff that is in style and popular, and the other stuff has taken a backseat. A trip to the Tulsa Flea Market will show you young people still like old junk and pay top dollar for it; they just don't like the same old junk Aunt Gertrude liked.

Glassware and the like? Yeah, it better be a desirable brand or you won't be able to give it away, unless you have a bunch of octogenarian women as customers. *Quality*, stylish furniture from just about any era should still move if you price it fairly.

dubs, if you want what it's worth retail, and you have as much as you say you have...you are gonna have a second full-time job selling that stuff.

Got any oil lamps? Outdoorsy stuff? Advertising stuff? Prints? Picture frames? :D

M

Matt Basterson

if you have a secure DRY place to store it all, there's no need to get in an hurry about movin' it. how about the more modern stuff, are there any 8 track tapes, players, doowop albums, or animal mounts? if you have a bunch of stuff that i'm interested in, i'd make a road trip over there with a couple of buddies, i'm sure we'd take some of that stuff off your hands for a price that's fair to you and us. our schedule is pretty flexible.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No advertising stuff but a ton of letters with 1 cent stamps, One book with a hand written date of 1851. a few oil lamps but the globes are gone. No mounts. some furniture from the 60's one large print still hanging on the wall there. Many photographs all the way back to the turn of the century. many tins like tobacco tins, some with tobacco still in them, That is just it though I am renting a POD to keep the stuff in now and it is expensive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom