Anyone in the Tulsa area sell Dan Wesson 1911s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cardsfan.... to be fair it's a $1K production gun. I know people are gonna say that's a lot of money. It is, but you can pick apart cosmetics on nearly any production gun. However, DW now uses remsport frame and slides, (quality) good sights and no MIM, so their internals, sights etc are better than lets say..... Kimber. :D :D

If anyone cares to look it up, there's an excellent article on 1911forum where Dave Severns does a 1911 comparison. You'd be surprised how well built these guns are compared to other production guns. In fact, some saw MUCH more attention to detail and fitting than Fusion for example.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pointman66, I was looking at a thread on another forum (not the one you linked) where several people complained of the problem. Many had their sights fall completely out when the screw loosened (though Lock Tite resolved the issue). Didn't seem to be a major deal for them though. Perhaps I am being nit-picky, but I would have expected a bit tighter fit on a $1400 - $1700 pistol.

GMT, I will take your word for it and concede on the MIM and internals. I didn't break down any of the pistols I examined today so I can't comment on how well they looked. The Trijicons were a nice touch on them; they stood out in a good way.

I will openly admit though that I am still a major Colt fanboy, so I am biased. No WAY the factory sights are falling out on my Series 70 :D They are not exactly night sights either...

Pointman66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pointman66, I was looking at a thread on another forum (not the one you linked) where several people complained of the problem. Many had their sights fall completely out when the screw loosened (though Lock Tite resolved the issue). Didn't seem to be a major deal for them though. Perhaps I am being nit-picky, but I would have expected a bit tighter fit on a $1400 - $1700 pistol.
[/SIZE]

I see...I guess that could just as likely be a trijicon problem though. I need to make it down to second hand rose. I've never been in.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cardsfan, I love Colts too. :D 1911s are great, they don't get jealous if you buy another one. Like I said, there's a comparison on 1911forum that far exceeds anything I can relay.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one ever questioned Chocobo's post about the inability of hid DW to "slinshot". I am ignorant...someone please post a vid.

To cut costs, some makers have used government sized frames on commander sized guns. This doesn't allow the slide to travel all the way back during the cycle. The frame should be cut to allow full travel of the slide.

ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d8_JD8_Frameraildifference.jpg

Redsnake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for that frame by frame pic. I never knew the frame should be cut on a Commander sized 1911. I'll have to check my 3 Commander sized pistols to see if any of the frames are cut compared to my full-sized 1911s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom