Anyone need mechanic work done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Our's was a 99 Suburban (I think, I'm so bad with the years, but I know it's a Suburban). He did a really good job on it. Purrs like a kitten. I'm a happy, happy camper ... And so are my dogs -- they have room to stretch out now ... LOL

He obviously knew what he was doing because, seriously, it runs better than it ever has in the however many (several) years we have had it. :)

Yeah, the '03 was the first year for the "drive by wire" throttle, and I am having problems with it going into limp mode quite often.

I think Hilario is gonna fix me up with another throttle body with a warranty.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had Hilario replace the throttle body on my '03 Suburban with a used one that he had, and I have made it a whole week with out it going into "Reduced Engine Power" mode! WooHoo!

It was going into REP several times a week, and sometimes several times a day.

I think it's fixed. I have been fighting this problem for about 18 months, and he knew exactly what it needed, and the price was right too.

Thanks Hilario!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent $700 to get my beater car fixed by a member of the forum once and after I paid and it still had the same problem he told me I should look into selling it (not a happy customer).

Im not sure if im using the correct terminology but do you know how to fix a bent valve and for how much? I had the gasket replaced numerous times and my engine keeps losing oil. PM me please

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys i really appreciate everyone who has come by. I enjoyed meeting everybody. I guess more of you would come by if you lived close thanks to everyone who made the drive.

You know i dont charge to look at cars(unless i have to come to you) or to give advice so you guys can call me or pm just to ask questions. I try to help people whenever i can, i just try to be fair. I treat everyone as if they were family. I would also be willing to work for guns and ammo he he .

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If i need to start my own thread let me know, but im in tulsa and do some work at home from time to time. Ase master, college degree in auto service, plenty of diesel experience etc. If i can be of assistance shoot me a p.m. Or text message at 918-857-5155. Im by no means an at home business, full time mechanic by day who does a side job here and there to support my gun habit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom