Anyone on Psychiatric meds get their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone asks you about your use of psychiatric or psychotropic medications your best bet is to lie. Millions of Americans use them, and they'er little more than placebos anyway.
Or so I've been told.

I had the same perspective you do until someone with Bipolar disorder became associated with my family. I've seen what happens when they aren't on meds, and how they are when they've taken the meds. My perspective changed...

Now I still believe that Docs over diagnose in some instances, but the meds aren't placebos...

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding of it is that if you have not been admitted to a hospital in connection with it you are good to go. At this point, I doubt the letter was necessary, but it shouldn't hurt any.

If a person understands his/her illness and is using successful medication, they are not a bigger risk than anyone else.

If everyone that has taken an anti-depressant was not eligible, there would be a surprising number that would have to turn theirs back in.

This is my understanding, but I am not an authority on the subject.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The letter was supplied to me by the state for my doctor to fill out concerning my stability, which the doctor filled out in my favor.

The application book says as long as you were never court ordered to a mental hospital, and your doc will certify on the state provided form that you have been stable for the last 10 years, that you meet the requirements, which I do. Now I just have to wait and see if they can find another reason not to give me the permit.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds to me that you are good and I wish you the best. I doubt a doctor would open himself up to problems unless he was pretty certain about you. Sounds like a good doc.

It is commendable that you recognize the issues and have stayed on meds as needed. Way to go! Ten years is a long time.

Bob

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone asks you about your use of psychiatric or psychotropic medications your best bet is to lie. Millions of Americans use them, and they'er little more than placebos anyway.
Or so I've been told.

Holy cow....Do not Lie on this thing bad advice and no they are not just placebos....if you take too much medication it can make you just as intoxicated as any other drug in fact the current trend is to mix alcohol and Xanax and other drugs that are psychotropic medications...Shame on you for even suggesting that they lie...in fact it is a felony to do so

Latest posts

Top Bottom