Anyone register a pistol brace?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
- The scenarios I presented are solid and every one of you know it, and not one of you know any better about what the 'Founding Fathers' specifically intended when they wrote the various sections of our Constitution 250 years ago than I do, especially those spouting-off about having God-given gun 'Rights'. Okay, show me exactly where in the Ten Commandments or the Old [or New] Testament where it specifically says God has given us the right to have guns, the possession of which '. . . shall not be infringed' - talk about accusing me of 'straw-man' arguments 🤣.
- As far as me "knowing everything" that @Beautiful Mulberry seems to think, even though I barely graduated high school (first in my family to do so), I WAS blessed with a good ability for reading, so I've learned to use that ability by spending a lot of time researching things in order to increase my knowledge, and even though I DO NOT know everything (as you stated), I do try to learn about what's going on before I wade into Forum 'threads'. There are still a lot of 'threads' I do not get involved in and a lot of things I do not comment on, usually because I just don't know enough about it to say anything.
- Now it seems that you @Beautiful Mulberry have tried to use my non-driving status as a reason to also give-up any firearm(s) I may or may not have without knowing whatsoever as to WHY I gave up driving, which is really none of your business. In fact the way you come across is starting to look suspiciously like your're a NEW TO THE FORUM - Troll trying to mouth-off about stuff you know little about.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
- The scenarios I presented are solid and every one of you know it, and not one of you know any better about what the 'Founding Fathers' specifically intended when they wrote the various sections of our Constitution 250 years ago than I do, especially those spouting-off about having God-given gun 'Rights'. Okay, show me exactly where in the Ten Commandments or the Old [or New] Testament where it specifically says God has given us the right to have guns, the possession of which '. . . shall not be infringed' - talk about accusing me of 'straw-man' arguments 🤣.
- As far as me "knowing everything" that @Beautiful Mulberry seems to think, even though I barely graduated high school (first in my family to do so), I WAS blessed with a good ability for reading, so I've learned to use that ability by spending a lot of time researching things in order to increase my knowledge, and even though I DO NOT know everything (as you stated), I do try to learn about what's going on before I wade into Forum 'threads'. There are still a lot of 'threads' I do not get involved in and a lot of things I do not comment on, usually because I just don't know enough about it to say anything.
- Now it seems that you @Beautiful Mulberry have tried to use my non-driving status as a reason to also give-up any firearm(s) I may or may not have without knowing whatsoever as to WHY I gave up driving, which is really none of your business. In fact the way you come across is starting to look suspiciously like your're a NEW TO THE FORUM - Troll trying to mouth-off about stuff you know little about.
Gospel of St. Luke 22:35-37
“Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you out to preach the Good News and you did not have money, a traveler’s bag, or an extra pair of sandals, did you need anything?”No,” they replied. “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one! For the time has come for this prophecy about me to be fulfilled: ‘He was counted among the rebels. Yes, everything written about me by the prophets will come true.”

Jesus said "sword" didn't say it could only be "a gladius of under one cubit in lenght." The old testament is full of references to personally owned military weapons and armor. Personally owned equipment was standard for the soldiers of the day, and for most of history. I am of the opinion that we can own any weapons we want, criminals *COUGH government COUGH* already own any weapons they want.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’re just using a bunch of straw man arguments again. I’m sorry but shall not be infringed was a directive to the future government to not touch the 2A. And if my son was murdered in school I wouldn’t be blaming the dang gun. It was the person that used the guns fault. I don’t let my emotions cause me to support my own freedom being stripped away. Obviously you do. We have over 20,000 gun laws and not one single one of them have stopped criminals from getting guns and doing bad things with them.

I also don’t have “buddies”. I don’t hang out with anyone other than my wife. So I’m not regurgitating “their” talking points. My beliefs are my own. I am smart enough to know why gun laws exist, and it’s not to make us safe. But keep on believing they do.

One final thought, what if the same bully you referenced used a big hunting knife to murder someone? Should we restrict who can own a knife? Or what kind someone can own? What about cars, trucks, and SUV’s? Those can all kill mass amounts of people. So should we restrict who can own them and what they can own? See, I can use straw men arguments too.
Okay then, I'll respect your opinion that there should be absolutely no restrictions whatsoever on who can own weapons, nor on what weapons can be owned. Let's also add in no restriction on when and where those weapons can be carried and used. No BATF and the abolishment of all laws, regulations, and guidelines as they apply to any weapons.
Personally I'm not sure if I'm ready to trust my 'fellow man' to always do the right thing without someone there to watch them. Most people have a fairly decent morale compass to follow but not everyone.

BTW, cars are already restricted (registration required, insurance, required, proof of ability to operate {DL} required, minimum age reqiirement).

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gospel of St. Luke 22:35-37
“Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you out to preach the Good News and you did not have money, a traveler’s bag, or an extra pair of sandals, did you need anything?”No,” they replied. “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one! For the time has come for this prophecy about me to be fulfilled: ‘He was counted among the rebels. Yes, everything written about me by the prophets will come true.”

Jesus said "sword" didn't say it could only be "a gladius of under one cubit in lenght." The old testament is full of references to personally owned military weapons and armor. Personally owned equipment was standard for the soldiers of the day, and for most of history. I am of the opinion that we can own any weapons we want, criminals *COUGH government COUGH* already own any weapons they want.
Thank you for the Biblical reference @HillsideDesolate. Much nicer to catch bears with honey than with vinegar 😌

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay then, I'll respect your opinion that there should be absolutely no restrictions whatsoever on who can own weapons, nor on what weapons can be owned. Let's also add in no restriction on when and where those weapons can be carried and used. No BATF and the abolishment of all laws, regulations, and guidelines as they apply to any weapons.
Personally I'm not sure if I'm ready to trust my 'fellow man' to always do the right thing without someone there to watch them. Most people have a fairly decent morale compass to follow but not everyone.

BTW, cars are already restricted (registration required, insurance, required, proof of ability to operate {DL} required, minimum age reqiirement).
I get what you are saying. As gun owners we tend to be conservatives, religious, strong moral code, sense of duty often gravitating to military and LE etc. This leads to a confirmation bias that everyone with guns would as be responsible as we are. And really this simply is not the case (and about 30% of the population is pants on head retarded). I guess what I'm saying is I don't have a solution.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with you some, some criminals should not have weapons. What I am and other are talking about is the tyrannical government is creating laws to further restrict the good guys, meaning making them criminals. This is not good. The agency that is doing it has no authority to do so.
I commend you for for using your ability to further your education. It’s important and shows you have self care and self awareness. I respect you for that. My back ground is similar to yours as far as education. I am 35. I was not taught cursive writing in school. My kids are not being taught. Our founding documents are being taught. So I taught and educated myself currently teaching my children. I was making a point when I mentioned your driving and giving up your arms. As far as you knowing everything, I know you don’t. The point I was getting at, sometimes one have to shut off their own opinions in order to learn or gain another skill. Everything I have learn about our constitution, or other founding documents, I learned from Hillsdale College. They are a college that excepts no debt, or any kind of financial obligation from the government. In short, they can teach and do whatever they want. It’s strictly based on American values they want people to learn our founding documents so bad that they are giving it away for free. You can go and learn the constitution and like founding documents for free. All you have to do is sign up. I challenge you to look into it. You love to read. The founding fathers made it clear.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you believe that everyone should be able to have any weapon they want under your '. . . shall not infringe', mantra?
Well great, lets allow convicted murderers to own long range night-visioned scoped rifles with suppressors then - '. . . shall not infringe'.
How about MP5's for those found to have paranoid schizophrenia? That could sure clean out a few businesses fast - '. . . shall not infringe'.
So 'Sawy Chawlie' that your kid, while in school happened to be sitting near that bully when that bullied kid with the Glock18 opened up against him - '. . . shall not infringe'.
So who cares if your wife got vaporized by that road-rager packing the RPG in his truck because he thinks she cut him off while he was trying to change lanes? - ' . . . shall not infringe!'
Oh, and what about that crappy neighbor of yours that decided to rig that fragmentation grenade up to the inside of your mailbox because he just doesn't like your dog? ' . . . shall not infringe'.
Shall we move on to larger or more devastating weapons like flame-throwers and Thermobaric Bombs because, after all when it comes to weapons - '. . . shall not infringe'?

Maybe you are just not capable of understanding the consequences of allowing anyone to own anything they want or can afford, or perhaps you're just voicing the same ignorant crap that your buddies say because you don't want them to think that you might be some type of '2A traitor'. Of course that's why THEY also keep saying the same things.
None of 'ya got the balls to stand-up on your own two feet and say that 'hey, maybe SOME peoples shouldn't be able to have certain types of weapons because their irresponsible, or emotionally unstable, or have anger issues, or any number of other reasons that would make them a danger to me and those in my society.

Notice you can't argue unless you run through the fallacy book. You're making some REALLY stupid slippery slope strawman sarguments. Stick to subject at hand and address what you said.

We are talking about pistol braces and the overall length of firearms and laws vs "rules" by a government agency. Seemingly you are making arguments for the liberals by saying this equates to RPGs and handgrenades.

At least I'm intelligent enough to understand that not everyone should have access to any weapon they can afford because not everyone may be able to handle the responsibility needed to own that weapon, and if that makes me a 'FUDD' then so be it.

Are you intelligent enough to recite the number of crimes committed with NFA items? or even Braced weapons? Are you intelligent enough to understand that we are talking about a RULE, not a law, and the precedent that will set if upheld. A rule they've changed their minds on more than once. Put the scary liberal "they're gonna carry RPGs" speak aside...... and discuss the issue at hand, with respect to your own words. If you can.

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get what you are saying. As gun owners we tend to be conservatives, religious, strong moral code, sense of duty often gravitating to military and LE etc. This leads to a confirmation bias that everyone with guns would as be responsible as we are. And really this simply is not the case (and about 30% of the population is pants on head retarded). I guess what I'm saying is I don't have a solution.
- Just as in Lord of the Rings 'one ring to rule them all' - there has always been a need for some authoritative individual or group to rule over the rest of of us in order to keep things in order. Our society is no different, and where the problem comes in is that even our leaders can no longer rule without there being chaos even among their own ranks.
- HillsideDesolate said it well when he said "(. . . about 30% of the population is pant on head retarded).", so some regulations ARE required to help keep protect us from ourselves, including those that, unfortunately, are needed to regulate our guns. In my opinion it is not the regulating authority, but the regulations themselves that are the problem. Hear me out!
- Maybe it was required at one time back in the original 'gangster' days, but these days there is no real need anymore to ban or restrict things like SBR, SBS, suppressors, or any other item that, in an of themselves, do not make a weapon more lethal. Enhancing the operation is not the same as making more dangerous.
- On the State level (where almost all restrictions occur) banning items like bayonet lugs, barrel shrouds, extendable stocks, normal magazine size, flash suppressors, vertical (forward) grips, and others are all based on nothing more than aesthetics and is just political knee-jerking which needs to stop.
- The fact that some items (NFA) are restricted for those ONLY until a $200 fee is paid is nothing more than a .gov tax which also needs to stop (either you are eligible or you're not - period), and in today's digital-age there is no reason it should take up to a year or longer for a background check (even an enhanced one), so that BS also needs to stop.
Other weapons types (WMD's) should be restricted from general ownership, like fragmentation grenades, rockets, biological weapons, etc. if for no other reason than (as I said before) some people simply do not have the responsibility needed to safely own these type of weapons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom