Anyone register a pistol brace?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I asked my friend Clint at Black Label Armament about this, and he said he feels this ban will lose in court pretty soundly.

My sentiment, too. The big question is: how long will it take for the decision to be handed down? The first time SBT Tactical took the ATF to court for reversing their interpretation in 2015, it was two years before the ATF issued a “clarification” letter that basically re-stated their original 2012 position that braces weren’t in their jurisdiction. Then it was after another six years of legal production and use of braces that the ATF decided, once again, to do a 180 and declare braces to turn a pistol so equipped into an SBR, thereby placing them within their remit. Again.

1682457921684.jpeg

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I filed 1/17, and was approved 3/21 I got my Rep Stephanie Bice involved and her office help push the FBI portion through as my background check was untouched for 58 days. The ATF had my eForm 1 approved 5 days after that. This was by far the longest eForm 1 wait. My fastest “paid” eForm 1 was 17 days.

ATF field office’s are handing the tax exempt eForm 1’s is why the wait times are across the board and not consistent with the other wait times.

Last edited:

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the THORDSON CUSTOM web site for their AR & AK cheek rest as a replacing for a pistol brace. I sent them an email requesting information if they have an approval letter from the atf.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm finding it odd that in another thread, there is a poll, with a very high majority saying if a gun, or type of gun was put on the ban list, they would ignore it,
Yet here on this topic, everyone but a very few seems to be complying with a ban threat & getting their name on a registry with their particular gun.

Talking from both sides of their mouths I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom