Anyone register a pistol brace?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Careful there El Pablo You'll get roasted, like I did, and be accused of supporting the ATF or being a democrat sympathizer, as I was, for saying the EXACT same thing that I said. Could be though that on OSA you're everyone's 'sweet darlin' so you get to have a free-pass :anyone:
Or I just don’t care .

I get accused of all sorts of things, but not in person… :)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Careful there El Pablo You'll get roasted, like I did, and be accused of supporting the ATF or being a democrat sympathizer, as I was, for saying the EXACT same thing that I said. Could be though that on OSA you're everyone's 'sweet darlin' so you get to have a free-pass :anyone:

There's a distinct difference in what you said. Basically, you said it was the gun owner's fault. Then you refused to read or acknowledge how the ATF has acted or what was said.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my question. I will be honest, I haven’t kept up with it a lot. Are they banning the braces on everything, like AOWs and pistol shotguns, or just ARs ?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my question. I will be honest, I haven’t kept up with it a lot. Are they banning the braces on everything, like AOWs and pistol shotguns, or just ARs ?

Any kind of pistol. AR’s, AK’s, Sig MPX, MP5 clones, the list goes on. The ATF even says their list is not exhaustive.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a distinct difference in what you said. Basically, you said it was the gun owner's fault. Then you refused to read or acknowledge how the ATF has acted or what was said.
" . . . SOME non-handicapped individuals purchased [shoulder braced] 'arm-braces' to use with their own SBR's & SBS's, then illegally claimed the exemption granted to the legitimately handicapped in order to get around having to register their own SBR's&SBS's . . . " (@post 235 - Chuckie)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

" That being said, pistol braces were also an obvious end around of the sbr laws. (@post 301 - El Pablo)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Gee golly JD8, sure looks like both El Pablo and I said pretty much same thing - that gun owners 'got around' or did an 'end around' of the sbr laws by using arm-braces for reasons not intended.

I do not support some of the ATF ruling and some I do. Again, that does not make me anti-2A but rather someone that has some common-sense about firearm use, common-sense that I know a lot of others simply don't have (just watch YT gun videos posted by some of the stupid firearm owners doing stupid crap).

Laws and ruling don't just come out of the air. Laws and rulings exist usually because someone did something really, really, stupid (that usually got someone else injured or killed).

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any kind of pistol. AR’s, AK’s, Sig MPX, MP5 clones, the list goes on. The ATF even says their list is not exhaustive.
https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/atf-ruling-pistol-braces-2023
I may be wrong but what I am seeing here is an ATF attempt to force some firearm owners to register their weapons that otherwise would not have been registered. I suspect (hope) that these ruling will not stand-up in Federal Court simply because of the ambiguity of the wording as well as the 'open-ended' listings. We'll see!

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems someone is getting forgetful......let's review......

"Like most things, the gun community screwed themselves by trying to circumnavigate the laws. I'm not talking about whether a member of the gun community thinks the laws are 'right', whether the ATF has the power to make a law, whether the ATF has the power to enforce it, whether anyone believes that their Constitutional 'Rights' have been violated, whether 'Ginger' or Mary Anne' is the better pick, or any other tangent that people ALWAYS like to shoot off on.
What I'm talking about is the arm-brace that was designed for and approved for use by those with a disability, to allow them to be able to shoot a shorter barreled (and lighter) weapon accurately and safely.
And just like with the Bump-stock, which was produced and marketed as a work-a-round to existing gun laws that prohibited the possession and use of non-registered 'machine guns', the arm-brace was seen as a way to work-a-round the existing laws that prohibited ownership and use of unregistered SBR's.
Now, after a few 'screwed the pooch' and got caught, everyone is up in arms (no pun intended) about having their 'right' to have an unregistered arm-brace violated, which was never their 'right' in the first place. Not only did they screw themselves, they also screwed every disabled shooter that needed that arm-brace in order to safely enjoy the shooting sports.

Blame the ATF, blame Congress, blame the sitting President (as usual), but the only ones that really deserve the blame are those that tried to circumnavigate the laws by breaking them."

I mean.... there's a lot of stupidity in this post but Again..... Fudds are gonna Fudd. They're misinformed and especially apologetic to the ATF. As given here. Notice we have Ol'Chuckie apologizing for the ATF by giving I dunno how many strawman arguments.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom