Anyone want to rent a van or SUV out for a couple of weeks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will need to verify that your policy will cover renting another person's vehicle and make sure they don't consider it a borrowed vehicle where the other person's policy is primary with yours being secondary. Most of the time the policy follows the vehicle, so whoever you borrow the vehicle from policy will more than likely be the primary policy to repair their vehicle and possibly for any liability coverage resulting from the loss.

This is true. Unless the vehicle's policy excludes it from being borrowed, it will pay primary and your insurance is secondary to theirs.

Also, there is no such thing as maximum liability and med pay in Oklahoma. You can purchase as much as your carrier will sell you. We only have minimum financial responsibility laws.
This is why I said I will be talking to my agent... to see if there is anything I can do to cover the vehicle on my personal policy. He is a great guy and does lots of extra work for us. I never said the limits were State-imposed... I specifically said by "my carrier". I have asked him about increasing my limits further, and he said that was the highest they offered.

Will it be your wife doing all of the driving? If so and as long as she has a DL, yall can borrow my Navigator.

Just send me a PM
Yes, my wife is an excellent driver and is licensed to drive. Thank you for your generosity, chubbs... I will PM you. And don't worry, I'm not looking for a freebie, just trying to get a better deal than retail (with its 30%+ .gov surcharge), and make sure my money goes to a good cause. I'd rather see someone from OSA receive a windfall if possible.

Uh oh, sounds like someone isnt happy about loosing their penile extension for a couple weeks.
My commute to work is 2.5 hours each way, and I've spent a ton of time and money customizing my car to make that commute as tolerable as possible. Essentially, I would miss my stereo, and my truck is 10x more comfortable for me than her car... it's a personal choice. I love my truck and don't want to give it up for 2 weeks and drive her rattletrap. :D Does that make me a bad guy? I don't think so, since I'm going to spring to rent her something probably even better than mine. ;)

Really??? if so http://www.mahanrentacar.com/

never amazed on here.

Amazed at what? I checked out that site, it looks like it would be $980 for a rental for 2 weeks for a minivan, and that's not including taxes or additional insurance. Perhaps their weekly rates are better... I'll give them a call. Thanks for the tip.

I don't get why people would be so against me doing this? I mean... I've been given to understand a number of people out there have an extra large vehicle they keep on-hand for long trips or vacations where space and comfort is a factor, yet drive a smaller, more economical vehicle daily. These "vacation vehicles" usually just sit in the garage or something, not doing anything. If you have a chance to make a little side cash by "loaning" it out, why not? I do understand it is a big deal, and there is liability involved in loaning out a valuable possession. I'm not taking it lightly, and I am willing to do whatever I need to in order to make it more comfortable for the owner. I am a mature, responsible, professional adult with an excellent driving record and a desire to help out forum members with business if possible. Is this a bad thing?

If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. It's not a big deal, I'll live. Just thought I'd give it a shot...

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me, personnaly, would be worried that someone would "rent/borrow" my truck and then knock off a couple banks maybee steal a couple of trailers so on so forth. Just sounds like too big a pain to even mess with but thats my opinion. i rented 16 passenger vans from mahan and it seemed cheap to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom