Appendix carry as a fat guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spencer Keepers (Keepers Concealment) is a rather large dude and he's pretty much revolutionized the appendix market. Also there are a couple YouTube videos on how to fat guy carry. I asked Spencer once, he AIWBs a 17L, with the gun over a tucked in under armor style shirt, and generally a t-shirt over it.
In my personal experience, longer slides appendix better for fat guys, it rides your inner thigh line at like 12:30ish instead of carrying at noon.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The question isn’t how fat guys apendix carry. It’s how do they appendix carry and not cry, much less sit, bend over…
If anyone is interested and want to drive to Mustang, you can bring your own G19 or G26 (wouldn't recommend the 19X or G45) and try my Keepers Classic or my Fat Guy (from the video above) and I'll be sure to Clorox wipe them between tries haha

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it possible? I want a Tier 1 Company Axis holster for my Glock 43x but I’m afraid I won’t be able to appendix carry because I have a slight belly. Any of you run into this?
I’d bet anyone could carry a 43x in a Tier1. I could lose 15-20 lbs and carry a lot of different guns in a Tier1. Usually a G19. It’s more comfortable when I’m not fat but it’s no problem, lol.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spencer Keepers (Keepers Concealment) is a rather large dude and he's pretty much revolutionized the appendix market. Also there are a couple YouTube videos on how to fat guy carry. I asked Spencer once, he AIWBs a 17L, with the gun over a tucked in under armor style shirt, and generally a t-shirt over it.
In my personal experience, longer slides appendix better for fat guys, it rides your inner thigh line at like 12:30ish instead of carrying at noon.

Gonna second this.... if this man can do it and make it look easy......I've watched a ton of Spencer's videos.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d bet anyone could carry a 43x in a Tier1. I could lose 15-20 lbs and carry a lot of different guns in a Tier1. Usually a G19. It’s more comfortable when I’m not fat but it’s no problem, lol.
I lost about 20 lbs, and it’s made a huge difference carrying AIWB. I’m carrying a j frame Smith.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Is it possible? I want a Tier 1 Company Axis holster for my Glock 43x but I’m afraid I won’t be able to appendix carry because I have a slight belly. Any of you run into this?
I don't try it. Did once and it got all caught up in my flabdomen and FUDA and was painful.. I go for hip or lumbar area until I do more PT and get an ab back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom