AR Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
plastic/rubber/electrical tape covered plyer jaws help with this one.

Yup, that is how I do it. Just for the record, I have not done this, but have heard from some of the most detailed guys that have done 10 or 20 of them, and decide to drive the pin in unsupported for some reason, and they snap off. They usually weld and color them to match, but for some reason, my eye is always drawn to that every time I look at it.

It must have something to do with men wanting to look at any cleavage, whether biological or metalurgical.....

MAS GunWorks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the wife finally said I could get an AR15. Problem is, I can't really afford a brand new one out of the box. I would really like to build my own (by build I mean buy piece by piece and assemble) I have absolutely no idea how this process works and what I should be looking for etc. Any help would be appreciated! I am pretty new to any type of gun other than a handgun. I shot a buddies AR the other day and absolutely loved it.

Give us a call and we can help/show you how to build one or build one for you.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Save your pennies, buy a factory built rifle/carbine. IT WILL ALWAYS BE WORTH MORE THAN A "FRANKEIN'" BUILT PIECE, (unless it is a true custom piece built by a pro, and the aren't cheap). Prices are coming down, and fast! Buy a quality piece, Rock River, Armalite, Colt, or S&W. You will be glad you did in the long run. Putting one together from parts doesn't make you a gunsmith, just an assembler. Parts guns are usually pretty easy to spot. :twocents:

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check the Bushmaster and Rock River Arms catalogs. Find the the configuration that best suits your intended use, at the lowest price, buy it, clean and lube properly, zero the sights and shoot the hell out of it. My latest is a RRA CAR UTE2 carbine and it is just too much fun, feels so good. Flawless performance.

Grumulkin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think putting together an AR is educational which is why I put together a lower receiver with a parts kit and stripped lower. For a one off gun, when you consider the tools you need, the stuff you may break and educational materials to figure out how to do it, it probably isn't a whole lot cheaper than buying one off the shelf.

Latest posts

Top Bottom