AR help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I finally got to take my first build out... chambered one, and it's dead on accurate with irons as well as the PA m3 multi clone... the problem is the damn thing won't cycle. and by won't cycle I mean the carrier doesn't move at all. The only thing I can think of is that the front sight block doesn't match up with the hole... can any of you folks think of anything else? I'm about to tear it down and start investigating, but figured I'd check with the board before I started.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gas tube installed correctly, gas tube pin installed, gas key properly tightened and staked, what kind of ammo, what kind of gas block/sight tower?

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gas tube installed correctly, gas tube pin installed, gas key properly tightened and staked, what kind of ammo, what kind of gas block/sight tower?

Got it stock from DSA (the nitrided upper)... Gas key is in good shape, first thing I checked.. UMC 55 gr. 223.. its a non F marked sight tower... Charges normally, just won't cycle with gas... I'll tear it down and make sure everything looks like it should, and other ideas? I'm assuming since I can manually charge it fine it won't be the buffer or buffer spring (I yanked them out and put em back in and it didn't help.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This might sound funny but make sure the front sight gas blocks hole goes all the way through it. Same thing with the barrel... make sure there is a hole in it. Also, look at the orientation of the gas block hole to barrel hole.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah as soon as I can get to the upper (wife is sleeping, gun is put up) I'm gonna run a piece of fine wire down the gas tube, everything I'm reading says that its not aligned... how hard is it to align it? Do i just drive out the pins and adjust it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom