AR help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah... I'll post here after I talk to them tomorrow... It really sucks because I took vacation so I could go plink around with it...Somehow I think itll all work out though.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that was one of the $275 ones off DSA's website, i was thinking about ordering one of those. I've seen stuff like that happen too. That is when you put stuff on hold so you can go back and check it

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Liliysdad makes a good point, however it really breaks down in this case. If it were a complete firearm from...oh...let,s say Novesky, it would have been test fired before it was shipped, or anyother maker for instance. Now in this case you as the customer would never see the ones that don't function, as test firer at Novesky would go to the builder at Novesky and say something like....Hey Jack, this one doesn't work! Jack would pull it apart and exclaim Hey Pac-Nor you forgot a gas port hole in the barrel, all behind the scenes and you as the staunch defender of overpriced firearms would never be the wiser.

Now in this case, the assembler and test firer ( BadgerLB) was the end product user. He got to do the job for DSA, because they didn't build the whole thing. Now don't take this as an excuss for DSA, but in the end the first time it was tested was at the end users local.

Now how common is skipped and non finished parts? Well how about a Colt H-Bar match target, that back in the day came with a test fire target, that wouldn't chamber a round....because the chamber reamer had NEVER been run into the barrel. It was just a .224 cal hole all the way through, with all the pressure test and mpi stamps and marks and target included....now how the hell did they get it to shoot a test fire group on the target included in the box?? How about a S&W 44 mag that had never been rifled, hole was drilled they just never got around to broaching it, and there it sat in the customers hands....so yea we can all say how bad all this is, but it does happen, and that is why the end user will always be the real test firer, no matter how much it costs or who,s name is on it! KurtM

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Liliysdad makes a good point, however it really breaks down in this case. If it were a complete firearm from...oh...let,s say Novesky, it would have been test fired before it was shipped, or anyother maker for instance. Now in this case you as the customer would never see the ones that don't function, as test firer at Novesky would go to the builder at Novesky and say something like....Hey Jack, this one doesn't work! Jack would pull it apart and exclaim Hey Pac-Nor you forgot a gas port hole in the barrel, all behind the scenes and you as the staunch defender of overpriced firearms would never be the wiser.

Now in this case, the assembler and test firer ( BadgerLB) was the end product user. He got to do the job for DSA, because they didn't build the whole thing. Now don't take this as an excuss for DSA, but in the end the first time it was tested was at the end users local.

Now how common is skipped and non finished parts? Well how about a Colt H-Bar match target, that back in the day came with a test fire target, that wouldn't chamber a round....because the chamber reamer had NEVER been run into the barrel. It was just a .224 cal hole all the way through, with all the pressure test and mpi stamps and marks and target included....now how the hell did they get it to shoot a test fire group on the target included in the box?? How about a S&W 44 mag that had never been rifled, hole was drilled they just never got around to broaching it, and there it sat in the customers hands....so yea we can all say how bad all this is, but it does happen, and that is why the end user will always be the real test firer, no matter how much it costs or who,s name is on it! KurtM

Kind of my point, everyone at one time or another has a QC issue, they're making it right so I'm not going to ***** about it. I see both sides of this book, however, its not like the upper completely failed, it did shoot and was super accurate (more accurate than I am), no parts came flying off, it just wouldn't cycle. I spoke with Don yesterday and I'm gonna be shipping it back today, I also sent a message to John on arf to make him aware (I doubt it matters much at this point).. We'll see what happens with it.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont listen to those knocking DSA just because the price is low. Sure, Noveske does a hell of a job in QC, however, you pay for it.

Accidents happen, everyone makes QC mistakes, and hopefully that is exactly what it is and not something like what my company does and scan and test one item and let it be the passer for other items in the assembly line.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not knocking them at all. I, as a matter of fact, run a budget upper. I was simply making the point that improved QC and a lower chance of problems is what higher priced ARs net you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom