Archery Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phezzik

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my first official thread is a question, more than a discussion. I've only been in Oklahoma for about three weeks or so, and while I am a firearm fanatic I need to get back into archery to broaden my capabilities. I still have my old bow, but I haven't shot it in years. I'm looking for a good pro shop that you guys would recommend to get it tuned up, and then either a public range or club that I can join that is a reasonable distance from Norman. I'd like the capability to shoot different distances and positions, so that would be a plus. I've caught bits and pieces about a public range out at Thunderbird, but no one seems to have any solid information on it. I plan to make a trip out there myself in the next week or two to see if I can find it and see if its worth the time, but I'm open to any other suggestions for either public/open space ranges or clubs. Thanks.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The archery range at thunderbird is on the north/i-40 side(probably just take alameda from Norman) around where little Sandy is. I have not been to it(so I can't tell you anything about it) , but I saw the signs for the turn off last time I was there.

Crystal lake is a bit further, but they also have a range with an elevated platform for simulating tree stand shooting.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tbird's is just an open area and you will need to bring your own target. There is a really nice set up at lake Letra near Lawton. Full range of 3D targets

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for pro shop, I'd recommend Triple C Archery in Slaughterville. They're 10 minutes south of Norman on US-77/12th/Sooner. I went to them when I got tired of sitting at Oklahoma Archery for an hour, not being helped, because people shooting the breeze is more important than assisting someone wanting to make a purchase. This happened several times there. Triple C will spend as much time with you as you need and they're quite friendly.

As for archery ranges, the only one close is Thunderbird. Take Alameda east until it dead ends into the lake, turn left, before submersing your vehicle, and follow it for 1/4 mile. The archery range is on the left (really a covered pavilion with a field on one side and fairly clear woods on the other. So long as you have a hunting license, you can also go to the Lexington WMA and setup a target wherever you'd like. If you want to shoot indoors, there's H & H shooting range at Meridian and I-40. I've never shot archery there since they opened the range, but heard it was nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom