Are you an NRA member?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you an NRA member?

• Yes!

• Yes, but I will not renew again.

• No!

• No, but I am considering it.

• No, and I do not plan to be.

Results are only viewable after voting.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of like them contracting with someone else to sell crap on their website. I ordered a scope from them last year, when it got here it was poorly packaged and rattling around loose in a too-large box, and also happened to be an AIM Sports scope. This was NOT disclosed nor advertised on their store. I found the same item for sale many other places online much cheaper once I knew what it was. I sent it back and got a refund, bought something else.

Kinda turned me off to them even more, even though I was already somewhat irritated by their junk mail and solicitation, then to see them selling cheap junk stuff, not even bothering to rebadge it, but not disclosing it was from a manufacturer they knew well many of their members or prospective customers would probably pass on - otherwise why hide the brand?

Stupid business model, if you ask me - harass and annoy people you're trying to entice to join you, sell cheap flea-market junk at a marked up price and then package it poorly so it can be damaged in transit, contract with another company to handle your affairs - essentially just selling your name for a buck, not actually providing a good service or product.

All of these things have soured me on the NRA.

What do think about this action by the NRA?

"Fairfax, Va. – In an overwhelming show of bipartisan opposition, 238 Members of the U.S. House of Representatives have signed a letter to the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, opposing the Obama Administration’s attempt to ban commonly used ammunition for the most popular rifle in America, the AR-15. The National Rifle Association worked closely with House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) to gather signatures on this critical effort.

“This letter sends a clear message to President Obama that Congress opposes his attempt to use his pen and phone to thwart the will of the American people,” said Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action. “Obama said he would enact his gun control agenda ‘with or without Congress.’ He is now trying to make good on that promise. The NRA would like to thank Chairman Goodlatte and all who signed the letter for opposing this unconstitutional attack on our Second Amendment freedom.”The NRA is working with Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) on a similar letter of opposition from the U.S. Senate."

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...shows-bipartisan-opposition-to-m855-ammo-ban/

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do think about this action by the NRA?

"Fairfax, Va. – In an overwhelming show of bipartisan opposition, 238 Members of the U.S. House of Representatives have signed a letter to the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, opposing the Obama Administration’s attempt to ban commonly used ammunition for the most popular rifle in America, the AR-15. The National Rifle Association worked closely with House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) to gather signatures on this critical effort.

“This letter sends a clear message to President Obama that Congress opposes his attempt to use his pen and phone to thwart the will of the American people,” said Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action. “Obama said he would enact his gun control agenda ‘with or without Congress.’ He is now trying to make good on that promise. The NRA would like to thank Chairman Goodlatte and all who signed the letter for opposing this unconstitutional attack on our Second Amendment freedom.”The NRA is working with Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) on a similar letter of opposition from the U.S. Senate."

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...shows-bipartisan-opposition-to-m855-ammo-ban/

I think that is/was a good thing. Why?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AARP is very anti-gun. I told them repeatedly, in response to their calls and snail mail solicitations, that I would never give them one red cent until they changed their anti-gun stance. I guess I finally got my point across. I never get anything from them anymore.

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really never understood how someone could love the second amendment and not be a NRA member ,yes there are some bad things about them,but they do more to protect second amendment rights then any other group. Anytime that a anti gun political mentions the NRA as being the biggest problem to them getting their agenda passed that tells me they are doing their job. Without them are rights would have been stripped away long ago.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that is/was a good thing. Why?

I was just making a point that the real value of the NRA is representing gun rights and promoting the shooting sports. In fact, I'm at the NRA Women on Target event today at the OKC Gun Club. We have 525 women signed up shooting rifles, pistols, and shotguns. The NRA donated all the ammunition. I know we get ammunition grants from them for youth shooting events also.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just making a point that the real value of the NRA is representing gun rights and promoting the shooting sports. In fact, I'm at the NRA Women on Target event today at the OKC Gun Club. We have 525 women signed up shooting rifles, pistols, and shotguns. The NRA donated all the ammunition. I know we get ammunition grants from them for youth shooting events also.

I never said they don't do some good. Just that they annoy the **** out of me, so I have decided not to give them any money. You don't have to extol the virtues of the NRA. But I don't agree that the goals make the methods ok.

It's just me, but I have made the choice that if an organization annoys me, or I feel they mislead me, I don't support them - regardless of what they supposedly accomplish.

Same thing with the Red Cross.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never said they don't do some good. Just that they annoy the **** out of me, so I have decided not to give them any money. You don't have to extol the virtues of the NRA. But I don't agree that the goals make the methods ok.

It's just me, but I have made the choice that if an organization annoys me, or I feel they mislead me, I don't support them - regardless of what they supposedly accomplish.

Same thing with the Red Cross.

I understand. I wonder how they choose to contact / market people? As others have said, I get an email every now and then and an occasional piece of junk mail, but I've never had them call me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom