Arrowheads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to see them.
IMG_2078.jpeg

The point on the right is the one Neanderthal dated at 1500 bc. You can see small fossils in it.
The left is the enamel of a bison tooth that has been fossilized. Very common find as before Kaw Lake was formed, there was a bluff along by the river used by the native Americans to stampede groups of bison over to kill or injure them so they could be taken as food. Tens of thousands possibly were driven over that bluff.
We have found complete skulls which a friend has.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used to have a member here that was very knowledgeable on this stuff, but he's passed now. He ran some museum I think? **** cancer!

Neanderthal was his screen name. Search up some of his posts, they are fascinating. They'll be several years old.
That man was a guru of native American artifacts. He looked over my finds from over the years and told me one of mine was an atlatl dart point. Predated the use of the bow.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dennishoddy said Neanderthal ran a museum. Sorry he’s gone now but does anyone know if anyone else has taken over the museum? Or where it was located?

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dennishoddy said Neanderthal ran a museum. Sorry he’s gone now but does anyone know if anyone else has taken over the museum? Or where it was located?
Someone will be along to give you a definite answer, but I believe the museum was in the NE part of the state near the Oklahoma/Arkansas border. I don’t remember the name of the museum.

Edited to add: He was the curator at the Museum of Native American History in Bentonville, AR.

Last edited:

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are on FB, there are many pages dedicated to native American artifacts.
Thanks for sharing. I’m aware of FB and other similar forums. Personally I have no use for most of them, I have what I believe are more useful things to do. I spend more time on here than I should, but I’m in between hip surgeries now and am not able to get outside like I need to. Call me antiquated but I really don’t care if the whole world knows everything about me or not.

I really appreciate everyone’s input and knowledge. THANKS

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I’m aware of FB and other similar forums. Personally I have no use for most of them, I have what I believe are more useful things to do. I spend more time on here than I should, but I’m in between hip surgeries now and am not able to get outside like I need to. Call me antiquated but I really don’t care if the whole world knows everything about me or not.

I really appreciate everyone’s input and knowledge. THANKS

It was only a suggestion. I didn't need your life story about it. 😁

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was slightly off on the name of the book. But this is a picture of it. Matt Rowe, the gentleman mentioned earlier that went by the screen name “Neanderthal”, helped put this most current edition of the book together.
View attachment 410275

And this is just my opinion, but if you want someone to see what you have and maybe give you some insight on it- you’ll most likely get the best information in person. Artifacts dont always translate into images well. That said, a show is probably your best bet. And if you go to the Fairview show, let me know and I’ll set you up with my brother who will be there.

I need to order a copy of this. My grandfather pulled about a couple of large coffee cans full of arrowheads that he’d collected over the years. He said he had a friend that liked fishing and my grandfather would walk the banks looking for arrowheads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom