Arrowheads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll check out that guide.
I was slightly off on the name of the book. But this is a picture of it. Matt Rowe, the gentleman mentioned earlier that went by the screen name “Neanderthal”, helped put this most current edition of the book together.
IMG_2356.jpeg

And this is just my opinion, but if you want someone to see what you have and maybe give you some insight on it- you’ll most likely get the best information in person. Artifacts dont always translate into images well. That said, a show is probably your best bet. And if you go to the Fairview show, let me know and I’ll set you up with my brother who will be there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice collection

I wonder what ancient Indian curse words they used when they lost/broke those?
None. I kind of asked that question of a former member on here that ran a museum in NE Ok specializing in Native American history who has since passed away. A lot of my knowledge came from him. We conversed via PM a lot.
They were so adept at making them that it was something they could do while walking down a trail.
Take for instance the Arkansas River that runs from Colorado to the Gulf of Mexico. Native Americans roamed that river searching for fish and game thousands of years before Jesus was born.
He said there were probably millions of arrows that had been shot, missed, bad shot with the game running off or the arrow disappearing into deep water when shooting at fish that are what we are finding today.
I have one point that Neaderthal aged at 1500 BC. The pic and story is on here if anybody wants to search the threads. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow if I think of it and post the pic.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was slightly off on the name of the book. But this is a picture of it. Matt Rowe, the gentleman mentioned earlier that went by the screen name “Neanderthal”, helped put this most current edition of the book together.
View attachment 410275

And this is just my opinion, but if you want someone to see what you have and maybe give you some insight on it- you’ll most likely get the best information in person. Artifacts dont always translate into images well. That said, a show is probably your best bet. And if you go to the Fairview show, let me know and I’ll set you up with my brother who will be there.
I appreciate all the advice and agree with you in the advice that it would be better to meet FTF with someone who is more knowledgeable than myself. Hopefully I find someone close enough to visit with. Will definitely keep the Fairview show in mind.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None. I kind of asked that question of a former member on here that ran a museum in NE Ok specializing in Native American history who has since passed away. A lot of my knowledge came from him. We conversed via PM a lot.
They were so adept at making them that it was something they could do while walking down a trail.
Take for instance the Arkansas River that runs from Colorado to the Gulf of Mexico. Native Americans roamed that river searching for fish and game thousands of years before Jesus was born.
He said there were probably millions of arrows that had been shot, missed, bad shot with the game running off or the arrow disappearing into deep water when shooting at fish that are what we are finding today.
I have one point that Neaderthal aged at 1500 BC. The pic and story is on here if anybody wants to search the threads. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow if I think of it and post the pic.
I like to see them.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s beautiful work and I appreciate the information provided. I have been looking at different information on the web, but would love to get some advice from someone who is knowledgeable in this field, and can tell me which ones I have that are authentic or recent reproductions.
As a small kid down in the Ozarks, my mom and dad farmed. and raised cattle. We kids would go in freshl;y plowed fields, especially after a rain, and pick up arrow heads. I remember we had a bucket full of them! We moved to town, than to Oklahoma, and all those arrow heads got lost in the shuffle I guess?

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a small kid down in the Ozarks, my mom and dad farmed. and raised cattle. We kids would go in freshl;y plowed fields, especially after a rain, and pick up arrow heads. I remember we had a bucket full of them! We moved to town, than to Oklahoma, and all those arrow heads got lost in the shuffle I guess?
Sorry for your loss!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom