1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arthritis in fingers and handguns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dlmcm, Apr 20, 2017.

1. D. Hargrove

D. Hargrove Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    J Frame S&W Model 60, .357 mag, 3" in stainless. Smaller than many, decent accuracy, trigger can be worked and the pulls for SA/DA are already pretty good. Added advantage of 38 wads for range use and the big dawgs for CCW.

65ny likes this.
  2. Okiedog

Okiedog Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I too have severe arthritis in my hands and even had surgery on my right wrist. Ues a lot of Bigel Oil. Can't shoot a J frame .38. My favorite is my Boberg XR9. Very low recoil and comfortable to shoot. Boberg has recently been bought out by Bond Arms and is being re-labeled the Bullpup.

dlmcm likes this.
  3. John6185

John6185 Sharpshooter

And I've got arthritis in the fingers of both hands from falling down some stairs 35 years ago and I don't want it to interfere with my banjo playing or shooting. So far I have told myself it doesn't matter and it doesn't-until the wife asked me if it hurts.

4. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Kel-tec makes a .22 mag semi auto called the PMR-30. Holds 30 rounds of .22 mag. I've shot one at a target at 10 yards and got acceptable groups for firing off hand, although this link had some issues with accuracy. It could have been the ammo used in the link, as the gun does not like some ammo according to Kel-Tec.
    http://www.chuckhawks.com/kel-tec_PMR-30.html