Ask a Chef

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, no one picked up on my Ramen noodles question? Surely there are tasty, cheap, easy, and quick recipes using these noodles that don't require much cleanup :P

I make a home made pho of sorts like this, it is a great "hangover" breakfast cause it rehydrates you, has plenty of fat and salt.

I take a chicken ramen, put it in the mic for 3 minutes. A lot of water. At the 3 minute mark, I add peanut sauce, a good squirt of sriracha, some extra chicken base and the chicken spice pack that came with the ramen. Mix it all up, mic for another minute or so. Pull the hot soup out, stir it, get it moving, and then drop in 2 eggs. The hot soup cooks em, but sometimes I go another minute in the mic to be sure. Let it sit a few minutes.

It is hot, tasty, and cheap. Good luck :)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, no one picked up on my Ramen noodles question? Surely there are tasty, cheap, easy, and quick recipes using these noodles that don't require much cleanup :P

GC did ... he said "Hmmmm that doesn't sound too bad" ... of course, it's not like he could post anything because he was reading over my shoulder ... ;)

BTW "Hmmmmm that doesn't sound too bad" is GC speak for "I'd eat that"

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Easy Ramen Breakfast Burrito.

2 cups water
1 pkg ramen noodles, any flavor you like
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup shredded cheese
salsa or hot sauce
flour tortilla

Bring water to a boil, add ramen. While ramen is cooking slowly pour in beaten egg, add seasoning packet (Cook for 3 minutes). Drain, reserving about 1 T. of water. Add cheese & salsa.
Fill a warm flour tortilla, wrap and enjoy.

This makes a fast, hearty breakfast on the go for 2 people.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for the Ramen noodle recipes! A lot of those seem like more trouble than I'd care to go to, but some of them sound doable...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ramen recipe:
1 package of pork flavored noodles
1 slice of ham chunked up
1/2 of an onion, cut into slices, and halved one time
1/2 large bell pepper cut into slices
1 jalapeno, diced, seeds and all.
1 small clove of garlic.
1 egg.
While water is coming to a boil, slice up ham and veggi's and add to 2 cups of water in the pan.
When water, ham and veggi's come to a boil, add one raw egg, stirring with a fork to break up the egg.
Add the noodles, and seasoning pack inside.
allow to boil until the noodles are cooked tender.
Add a little black pepper at the end and eat.:D

If you like, you can add mushrooms, green beans left over, or some asperagus to make it "gourmet"

Substitute shredded chicken or left over beef roast in place of the ham if you want.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With youtube.........I have just about retire my cookbooks. I just go to youtube, type it in, and "bam"....there it is.

I used this to verify if I wanted to brine my turkey last Thanksgiving. My family hasn't ever brined a turkey, so they were no help. I bought the seasoning/brine at Williams Sonoma, and used their videos and youtube.

One of the many things I miss about Houston is the cooking store....Sur La Tabla.
http://www.surlatable.com/browse/storeLocator/landingPage.jsp?affsrcid=Aff0003
Cohiba

***I know, I know........Hmmm... Class III guns or Cooking & Grilling items...which one, which one...hmmm

Good guns, good booze, good wife, good chow and not necessarily in that order - how could it get any better? :)

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry I'm late as I've been busy at work and haven't been in the forum, but I wanted to say thanks for the Fish recipe ideas. I love fish and have eatten it many ways. I love that white sauce that Red Lobster and those places use and was hoping to mimic that. The recipes here sound great and I'm definitely going to try them, thanks!!!!!

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, this thread can't die. I just made a really easy ramen thing that turned out to be pretty good.

Boil two cups of water. Throw in a handful of frozen broccoli pieces and let that sit until the water is at a rolling boil again. Put in your ramen brick and two eggs. Boil that for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat. Then add your flavoring packet, a few shakes of soy sauce, and a healthy drizzle of Sriracha.

Someday when I actually have the time and inclination to make something that requires effort I'll post it maybe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom