At what point can you do something?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering...

I keep seeing videos of various "Peaceful Protesters" disturbing people at restaurants.

People coming up and sitting at someone's table and yelling and screaming at them
People coming up and taking their food and drinks.
People yelling in someone's face until they are leaning back in their chairs.
etc.

At what point does the person sitting at the table have the right to "do something".
And what can they do?
I am thinking of a high powered airsoft sniper rifle, and hiding out and popping people ...they hurt like hell

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Laws should be written with stiff penalties against this kind of intrusion in public as well as demonstrations in residential areas at someone's residence. No one should have to put up with that crap. I actually think in some municipalities there are laws against protesting in residential areas but I'm not sure if it is being enforced. It is nothing more than an act of terrorism as far as I'm concerned, and a resident should be allowed to take defensive action against acts of terrorism....like maybe a couple well placed shots.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do sort of a mix of these. I don't ignore them, but I don't show them my receipt either.

When they say, "May I see your receipt", I smile, say no, and keep on walking. Question asked, and answered.

I'm not gonna be $hitty to some person just trying to make a living. I just can't do that, but I'm not going to comply with that kind of request. I do not let it ruin my day, and I've no desire to ruin their day either. Friendly smile, polite "no" and continue on my way.
This is my way, I hold up the receipt for large unbagged items. Otherwise I politely decline and walk on.

I also do not stop for their inventory control system alarms also. I paid, that is my part of the deal. Their part is for their employees to deactivate the control tag upon sale of an item.

I did call an officer years ago to Best Buy when he refused to allow me to pass without looking at my receipt. The officer was nice enough to cuff him for falsely detaining me and then released him after we I was clear of the building. It was a fun game to play that day.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Laws should be written with stiff penalties against this kind of intrusion in public as well as demonstrations in residential areas at someone's residence. No one should have to put up with that crap. I actually think in some municipalities there are laws against protesting in residential areas but I'm not sure if it is being enforced. It is nothing more than an act of terrorism as far as I'm concerned, and a resident should be allowed to take defensive action against acts of terrorism....like maybe a couple well placed shots.
what about disturbing the peace; is that not a thing anymore?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is how one man dealt with the problem;

https://twitter.com/i/status/1310061867809697792

Watch it you won't be disappointed.

So satisfying.

upload_2020-9-27_10-15-12.jpeg

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This Walmart thing amazes me. Why give a hard time to someone that is only attempting to do the job they have been given. Chances are, if they were not doing that job, they could be on unemployment, that we are paying for. I'm sure they enjoy the treatment that the self-righteous folks give them all day. Is it really that large of an intrusion to our very important time that it will ruin our day? If it is that big of an intrusion to us, take the time to go find the manager and give them the reasons why we do not want to show the receipt. If it isn't that big a deal, just show the receipt, tell them have a nice day and leave.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom