ATF Rules Q’s Honey Badger Pistol is a Short Barrel Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These braces have always been a "tight rope walk" with the ATF so it really surprised me when legit companies started selling guns with braces but clearly signaling to the consumer that this was an "SBR workaround". (example: https://www.remington.com/handguns/700-cp)

Heck I own a pretty nice AR pistol build so I'm not making judgment, but sooner or later ATF either has to claw back all the brace stuff and say they aren't legit or just revise the SBR law so that there is no law on the book about barrel length.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ABOLISH THE ATF!!!!! I am sick of them getting away with this crap. This is what I’ve mentioned in the past. All the ATF has to do is flat out ban guns and we are screwed. Whose gonna stop them? The courts sure won’t. And we the people obviously won’t. And this is why we WILL be disarmed in the near future.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to make some advise.
If you have a pistol AR, Make sure the lower says pistol on it.
There are some out there marked that way.
Their problem probably comes from the literature that says 2 position "stock" rather than the word "brace".

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SBRs and SBS should be taken out of the NFA as far as I’m concerned and treated just like non-NFA firearms. One of the original intentions of the NFA was to ban concealable handguns by levying a high tax. The reason SBR and SBS were included in the NFA was to prevent people from making concealable weapons from their long gun and shotguns. In an odd turn of events handguns were then exempted from the NFA.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SBRs and SBS should be taken out of the NFA as far as I’m concerned and treated just like non-NFA firearms. One of the original intentions of the NFA was to ban concealable handguns by levying a high tax. The reason SBR and SBS were included in the NFA was to prevent people from making concealable weapons from their long gun and shotguns. In an odd turn of events handguns were then exempted from the NFA.
The whole NFA should be abolished. It’s unconstitutional. It was created to screw citizens out of owning certain guns and suppressors. Because back when it was created only a few could afford the tax. It’s always in the name of safety. Even though it doesn’t do anything to make someone safer. It’s all about control and stripping rights away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom