ATF Rules Q’s Honey Badger Pistol is a Short Barrel Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One rumor is that LOP is the issue. Apparently instead of measuring horizontally, they measured diagonally to the trigger, which made LOP over 13.5" rather than 13.35"? :rolleyes2

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that is the case there is a prior lawsuit that the ATF lost doing this type of measurement.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/a...-loss-in-ohio-short-barrel-rifle-prosecution/

I should also point out that the proprietor (Keving Brittingham) was at Sig when they sued ATF on their "muzzle brake" and Sig lost. This may well affect other brace makers if ATF pursues this line of absurdity, but tweaking KB's nose first can't be a coincidence.

I'll try to remember and measure it on my brace tonight.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should also point out that the proprietor (Keving Brittingham) was at Sig when they sued ATF on their "muzzle brake" and Sig lost. This may well affect other brace makers if ATF pursues this line of absurdity, but tweaking KB's nose first can't be a coincidence.

I'll try to remember and measure it on my brace tonight.

This could be a real shyt show quickfast and inahurry.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One rumor is that LOP is the issue. Apparently instead of measuring horizontally, they measured diagonally to the trigger, which made LOP over 13.5" rather than 13.35"? :rolleyes2

If this is the case they could be “killing two birds with one stone”. The LAW folder is mighty handy with a brace too. Somebody somehow needs to get this into a courtroom or Congress needs to put it to bed once and for all. It’s getting ridiculous with all the back and forth ATF interpretations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I ended up going with a cheek rest and side saddle for my pistol. Sure it could suffer a similar fate but it’s not on the radar to the extent the braces are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom