Back From Sailing Vacation in Maine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You cannot just go lobstering commercially without license, laws are crazy when it comes to that.

We used to spearfish lobster in Sint Maarten. Nothing like going out in my own little tender with my own snorkel or SCUBA gear and coming back a couple hours later with a bag of lobsters. :D They weren't great or YUUUUGE, but when you've got a dozen, you can have 2 or 3 lobster tails each. :D

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know that wheel is a fake one just for the guests, right? (kidding, ha).

What an awesome vacation! I've never thought of doing that.
How about rough seas? Seasick much?

That wheel's the real deal! We helped sail the boat; everything from pulling sails to bringing up the anchor and yes, steering the boat too. And you're right; it was an awesome vacation. Never got in the least bit seasick, we stayed in the waters of Penobscot Bay so we never had heavy seas to deal with anyway.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That wheel's the real deal! We helped sail the boat; everything from pulling sails to bringing up the anchor and yes, steering the boat too. And you're right; it was an awesome vacation. Never got in the least bit seasick, we stayed in the waters of Penobscot Bay so we never had heavy seas to deal with anyway.

Had to look that up since you spent a week there. That's a pretty large bay. You should have taken me along to take pictures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom