Vacation Plans for This Year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We finally sold our RV park and after 9 yrs completely retired, (Again). Had reservations to take the Alaska cruise in Sept and hit the western states we haven't been to. Thanks to covid, not gonna happen. Now it looks like we'll be spending vacation building a new house. Oh well, so much for retirement and vacations!

Good to hear about the selling of the RV park. Sad to hear you couldn't do the cruise. We did the cruise and land tour in 2005, and if we were to go to Alaska again, we'd just fly up and rent an RV or stay in hotels and rent a car to go where we wanted to go. You might look into that as a possibility.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been thinking on this some, and the best explanation I could come up with is this: It's where you go somewhere to lay around and relax and do no work, at some personal expense, which can be done at home for free. The difference lies in the fact that you're usually lying around doing nothing someplace nice. Or at least different.
Thanks for the explanation. It has been quite sometime so I had forgotten.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're 10 mi N of Buena Vista on a 300 acre ranch, trout ponds and only one other person (owner).
Colo has mandatory mask rule as of yesterday.

I will say there are about 50% less people on the road up here.
Walmart in Salida was not very busy at 5pm yesterday.
All in all, seems people are staying home.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Parks 788; thanks for the heads up on the work by David Thimgan. I checked out some of the stuff he's done and yes, it's beautiful work. I have been told that two very difficult things to express in painting, be it watercolor, acrylics, or oil is clear glass and water. Looks to me like he's cracked to code, on the water part especially.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that correct? I thought if they had such a restriction that one could pass through the state without remaining overnight??? I think New Mexico has a two week restriction.

It's a moving target as to what restrictions are in place, not just in any particular state, but cities and towns too. Seems like just the other day it was okay to go into a restaurant sans face mask; today; not so much. The Face Mask Police will getcha! (I do support the wearing of face masks however).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that correct? I thought if they had such a restriction that one could pass through the state without remaining overnight??? I think New Mexico has a two week restriction.

Travelers passing through NM do not have to quarantine.
If you spend the night anywhere in the state your required to quarantine for 14 days before you can venture out, but it’s widely ignored.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Travelers passing through NM do not have to quarantine.
If you spend the night anywhere in the state your required to quarantine for 14 days before you can venture out, but it’s widely ignored.
Reminds me of when they were screening me as I entered my doctor's office... they asked have I been outside the state of Oklahoma in the last 14 days, I said no. They asked have a been around anyone who has been outside the state of Oklahoma in the last 14 days. I said not that I know of, but I thought... How would I know? Where you've been in the last 14 days is not a usual topic of conversation.

If you saw someone in public in NM, how would you know if they are spending the night or why they are there?

Latest posts

Top Bottom