Vacation Plans for This Year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a great trip!!! I can only imagine the food, Maine was our favorite by far of the New England states. Did I mention the food was good everywhere we ate lol. Seafood of every kind was fantastic.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have actually been enjoying an all inclusive stay at a five star resort with a pool side room all summer long. The sunsets are marvelous!
20200717_164717.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it has been a bit of a challenge to set it up, and it could still fall victim to Covid-19 if the restrictions get any tighter in either OK or ME. But I have a personal reason compelling me to make the trip, and I am determined to get there either this summer or if it gets the axe for this year, next summer to carry out my real mission.

I have another thread going where I am looking for a place to get a Rapid Results Covid test done on or around September 9th, because Maine currently requires either a 14-day quarantine or proof of a negative test taken within 72 hours of arriving in Maine. You also have to have the negative proof to be able to get a room in a hotel. So; that makes the quarantine thing pretty hard since you can't get a room in a hotel to do the quarantine in anyway if you don't have the negative test results!

If push comes to shove, I'll drive up there and rent a damn canoe!
But you'll get the Covids on the plane there.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a great trip!!! I can only imagine the food, Maine was our favorite by far of the New England states. Did I mention the food was good everywhere we ate lol. Seafood of every kind was fantastic.

These sailing adventures on the Windjammers are all inclusive. In addition to 3 good meals aboard each day, there are appetizers and snacks throughout each day and plenty of wine tastings. One night, we will anchor up and row ashore on some isolated island in Penobscot Bay for an all-you-can eat Lobster bake on the beach with the usual trimmings, like corn on the cob, and more Lobsters, and steaks for the landlubbers. On the Stephen Taber's website, there's a video where the Captain says something like "We like to think of this as a dinner party that lasts a week.". In addition to Lobster, I love fresh Haddock from Maine too. I could eat that by the boatload! I figure if a chef like Rachel Ray can rave about the food, it should be good enough for me. Trip Advisor has fantastic reviews on these sailing adventures on the Taber too. I'm sure the other vessels in the Maine Windjammer fleet are very similar. I (we) chose the Taber after doing a bit of research, the Skipper's parents owned the boat before him. He's been sailing on it since he was 7 years old and has Captained/Owned it for the last 25 years. His wife is a wine expert, and well, I can hardly wait!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But you'll get the Covids on the plane there.

Maybe. I'll be masked and trying to avoid being too close to people on the way up and back. But like I said, besides it being a vacation and I hope (bet) a lot of fun, I have a compelling personal reason to do this.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
They cancelled my Alaska cruise this year and now with Colorado implementing a state-wide mask requirement I'm sure we won't be going in September.
Maine is awesome; we go every 2 years. Be sure to visit Acadia National Park at Bar Harbor.
We like Portland and the coastal towns going North. If you have time take the tour of Bath Iron Works in Bath. Last visit we almost bought a house in Booth Bay Harbor. Eat nothing but lobsta' rolls, fish and seafood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom