Vacation Plans for This Year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No real vacation for us this year. Our kids have a lot of extracurricular activities at school and a good chunk of the summer is taken up by camps, practices and other events so we have a very narrow window to go on a summer family vacation. That window is usually right after school lets out for summer, around Memorial Day week/weekend. This year we were going to travel back to where I grew up, which we haven't done in a long time (5 plane tickets and a rental car aint cheap!). Fall back for that was travelling for my sister's wedding in September, now canceled as well. After that was a family reunion on my wife's side in the Smokies around Thanksgiving. Off the table since her parents are old and at risk.

Staycation and little getaways are about all we're going to do at this point....2020 is a wash.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a 3 week trip planned for November, but that may change. Our plans were to go to the Washington, D.C. area for the dedication of the Native American Veteran's War Memorial around Veteran's Day. A former co-worker of ours designed that memorial, so we wanted to be there for him. Then we were going to do some sightseeing around Virginia.

However, since this all occurs right after the election, we are considering going elsewhere for that 3 weeks. If Trump were to get re-elected, we are concerned that there would be riots in the D.C. area and don't want to be caught up in anything like that.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
However, since this all occurs right after the election, we are considering going elsewhere for that 3 weeks. If Trump were to get re-elected, we are concerned that there would be riots in the D.C. area and don't want to be caught up in anything like that.

I would absolutely plan on NOT going to any kind of major metro area anytime in November. That's just me.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'm the odd man out.

I got 2 weeks in mid/end of August. I plan on sitting in my apartment and not going anywhere except walmart and the pistol range. I MIGHT sit in front of the pickup and watch some grass grow in front of the apartment...but I think I need to get the apartment manager to get the maintenance guy to not mow that strip for 2 weeks..

Maybe I'll build a new bookshelf so I can paint it and watch that dry if the grass gets mowed too much...

But then again, that a bit too much like work...lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom