Vacation Plans for This Year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to highjack the thread, but here's an idea. How about you folks post some suggestions for those of us who plan to stay 'close to home' if we vacation at all? I mean, places in Oklahoma everybody should visit. We've seen a lot of Oklahoma, but nowhere near all it has to offer. Or, places in nearby states that don't have severe restrictions for visitors. We want to do 'something,' but we don't plan on flying or going anywhere that has such stringent restrictions it takes all the fun out of it, or severely restricts movement. Thanks!

You can come over to my place and hang out by the blue pool but you gotta bring your own rubber duckies.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Not to highjack the thread, but here's an idea. How about you folks post some suggestions for those of us who plan to stay 'close to home' if we vacation at all? I mean, places in Oklahoma everybody should visit. We've seen a lot of Oklahoma, but nowhere near all it has to offer. Or, places in nearby states that don't have severe restrictions for visitors. We want to do 'something,' but we don't plan on flying or going anywhere that has such stringent restrictions it takes all the fun out of it, or severely restricts movement. Thanks!

Arcadia; Pops and the Round Barn
Ardmore; Lake Murray
Bartlesville; Woolaroc
Broken Bow; Beavers Bend State Park
Catoosa; the Blue Whale
Chandler; Route 66 Museum
Claremore: Belvidere Museum, JM Davis Gun Museum and Will Rogers Museum
Davis; Turner Falls Park.
Search Destination Oklahoma website.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Arcadia; Pops and the Round Barn
Ardmore; Lake Murray
Bartlesville; Woolaroc
Broken Bow; Beavers Bend State Park
Catoosa; the Blue Whale
Chandler; Route 66 Museum
Claremore: Belvidere Museum, JM Davis Gun Museum and Will Rogers Museum
Davis; Turner Falls Park.
Search Destination Oklahoma website.

The Blue Whale is about a 10 minute visit, if you last that long lol. I'm glad they are finally starting to get some work done though.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

'458, I guess it depends on what you like to do. You and wife or significant other or whoever; what do yo like to do? Do you enjoy being out on a boat, fishing, crusing, sitting near or having a view of a lake or river, mountains and views, etc??? On all our vacations our family does to Montana every summer and to Red River, NM and in Idaho we have had fantastic luck with VRBO and renting cabins of all sizes. Maybe look for a nice cabin on VRBO out at Tenkiller, Grand Lake, Broken Bow area or whatever OK has as far as "Mountains" goes. If you are worried about the covid then ask the person, management company how they clean/disenfect. YOu can also bring you own basic disinfecting supplies to do enough to make you comfortable too. We use a bottle of 80% ISO Alcohol in a spray bottle and just spray, door hardware, light and appliance switches and knobs, counter and table surfaces and remote controls, etc. Pretty much everything we can spray down. Let it sit for a couple 5-10 minutes and then come back and give another light spray down and wipe with a cloth. Just FYI.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Oklahoma Archives | Only In Your State

This is a good site to look for things to see/do!

Latest posts

Top Bottom