Bear shot and killed by wildlife dept. in Norman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably by walking but there is a possibility of it and several others being led by a “coyote” that paid to have him show them the way north. It could also have been a runaway and after leaving home and with no money it took up the oldest profession at the local truck stop only to be abused, robbed and left at the rest stop on the interstate.
There are 2 different black bears that have been caught on trail cams north and north east of pawhuska. Multiple pictures with consistent travel times since last November.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does this indicate we're getting better numbers of bears or just that a few are branching out?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
25% of the state losing their minds over this bear incident on FB, the comments reveal what's wrong with our society for sure.......

Not on faceplace, but I'm not shocked. I'm not even mildly surprised. That's why I'm not on faceplace.

It is what it is. It's a bad deal the bear is dead, but it ain't the end of the world (well, it was for the bear). People that have the time to be outraged about **** like this must have it pretty good.

Maybe 'ole bear will get some write in votes for President in 2024, like Harambe the gorilla.

Dicks out for black bears! It's gonna be the new movement.

With all the bull**** going on in this country and the world right now, this is the kinda **** people wanna get outraged about? That bear ain't the only one that needs killin'.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry the Bear had to be put down, however the GW did what he felt was necessary after the multiple darts failed to do the job.
I wish the people who are whailing and nashing teeth over a wild animal, exhibited the same outrage for the 2,000-3,000 human children aborted everyday...

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People want to shame ODWC for killing 1 bear in a sticky situation. They don't acknowledge the fact that Arkansas and Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Departments are a big reason bears are more common in parts of Oklahoma.

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunting/species/bear
Screenshot_20210521-095154_Samsung Internet.jpg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish it had ended differently and believe it could have, but I don't know all the details ... none of us do. One news account said the same bear (apparently) had been seen a couple of days previously in Noble and another town in the same vicinity, but I can't remember where. Yeah, 'only' 150 pounds, which is plenty of bear to do some serious damage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom